Pewdiepie! - We built you a gaming PC!

ColinLTT
20 hours ago, Miracle Nachos said:

At no point in the video is there any indication that they have been in contact with him. Quite the opposite. In the intro alone Linus explicitly sates he does not know what's going on with PewDiePie, citing rumours and his upload history as the only information he has on the guy.

The fair assumption from this video is that the guy has no idea about this. And if he has no idea, then they're hardly going to go "Surprise! We made you this awesome PC! ... That'll be $5000!"

It's supposed to be a gift ffs, you don't tell someone you're giving them a gift before hand.

46 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

It's supposed to be a gift ffs, you don't tell someone you're giving them a gift before hand.

The reason this took so long between Floatplane release and YT release is we waited for delivery confirmation before posting. There were some shipping issues that delayed everything. 

2 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

The reason this took so long between Floatplane release and YT release is we waited for delivery confirmation before posting. There were some shipping issues that delayed everything. 

So Felix already got it???

On 3/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, minibois said:

13:41 is officially my favorite segment in a LinusTechTips video ever.

You have failed us all...

17 hours ago, Goliath_1911 said:

the reason of why we can't joke anymore because ''they got offended''. 

we can't joke online because upper class people in these internet companies think they are knights for the down trodden. I work in a very multicultural blue collar environment and the jokes we say in person would make SJW heads explode.

I'm a little worried that the sharp edge of the big crepper PC will scratch someone's hand...@linus

I'm a little worried that the sharp edge of the big crepper PC will scratch someone's hand...@ColinLTT

16 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

Thanks, it was a big design undertaking for me, particularly that head. It can still be a bit spotty on the trigger with power-on but I think it adds to the fun of the whole build. I was less focused on the recipient and more focused on making something that looked visually good and hit all the performance and function targets we set out at the beginning. There were many design elements that got changed as they would have visually made things look weird OR were just too much issue to add to the scope. This project really dragged on, but I think came together well. 

Here's one of the head venting solutions I toyed with, I made a creeper head pattern 

image.png

The vinyl wrap did have some errors, like getting 4 of the same foot side panel from the vinyl wrap supplier, so we had to use what we had.

As for the possible electrical spike issue, could you have added a capacitor to the solenoid circuit? You might have had to press two buttons, unless you wanted to keep the capacitor charged for days or months at a time. No idea if that's bad.

Thirsty? 

I just ask because reaching out to someone like PewDiePie for views, seem thirsty. You have millions of subs yourself, why suck up? Or, maybe this is the secret to creating large YouTube channels? 

Btw, I don't watch nor care about PewDiePie's stuff, but he does have a whole lot more subscriptions than you do, which I imagine is your goal. 

Why not make a rig for one of your members? A long term member that deserves it, instead of some millionaire that honestly, just doesn't need your charity.  I'm a n00b, so maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. 🤧 

I don't blame LTT for including (using?) PewDiePie in the vid. All hail the algorithm etc,

But I feel that CaptainSparklez would of been such a better match. The whole Revenge / Creeper thing, and he has saying in his streams recently that he wants to update his setup

11 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

You have failed us all...

did u tag the wrong video or something ??? 

i don`t understand  😛

18 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

did u tag the wrong video or something ??? 

i don`t understand  😛

Right video.

Colin said Percussive Maintenance and minibois failed to link the video I did, proving percussive maintenance works in entertainment (they are technically that).

Still... Bad Linus, Bad 😁

I've been thinking about getting back into MineCraft as well... or I can watch PDP play it!

Sweet build, good job LMG!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

10 hours ago, OCNMIKI said:

Thirsty? 

I just ask because reaching out to someone like PewDiePie for views, seem thirsty. You have millions of subs yourself, why suck up? Or, maybe this is the secret to creating large YouTube channels? 

Btw, I don't watch nor care about PewDiePie's stuff, but he does have a whole lot more subscriptions than you do, which I imagine is your goal. 

Why not make a rig for one of your members? A long term member that deserves it, instead of some millionaire that honestly, just doesn't need your charity.

Have you watched any of ltt's other videos? 

Heres some videos with giveaways.

and that does not even include rog rig reboot series.

10 hours ago, OCNMIKI said:

I'm a n00b, so maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. 🤧 

Well maybe before spreading how much ltt has become "thirsty" do some some research on what u post online beforehand. I mean its not even hard to find ltt giveaways. lets see...

image.thumb.png.20039682af3f0e89e937a9d9652b24c2.png

see? its the top suggestion on google. Please don't spread hate without actual basis or evidence.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:18 AM, ColinLTT said:

It has been delivered. 

It has been delivered, but not to Felix 🤣

It got delivered to "Sive", the editor of Felix.

Source : Video from Sive posted today (timestamp 6:44).

7 hours ago, matt-fr said:

It has been delivered, but not to Felix 🤣

It got delivered to "Sive", the editor of Felix.

Source : Video from Sive posted today (timestamp 6:44).

Sive said he is gonna give it to him , they delivered to sive who is gonna give it Felix

It seems Felix still hasn't got the computer.

Video posted today on his channel (timestamp 6:23).

Anyone upset about LTT being "thirsty" for views with this needs to remember that A: they've got employees to pay and overhead such as the cost of an office/studio due to them being a business and B: this might draw in new potential subscribers for future, less "thirsty" videos.

Secondly, although pewds can be immature and cringe, hes not that bad of a person. Yes, he said the N word on stream and made slight racist jokes. But have you ever been to a middle school? That's the age group of most of his subscribers and therefore the audience he caters to. I'm pretty sure he isn't a racist.

lastly, if your reading negative news articles about him, just remember the time the media crapped on him for making the "white power symbol" with his hands (literally just 👌)

Not saying he's a good guy, just saying there are two sides to every argument.

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

• 2 weeks later...

aaaand it arrived broken.

(around 18:10)

To be honest I don't get how the whole motherboard support came down

1 hour ago, dearr said:

To be honest I don't get how the whole motherboard support came down

Oh, that's easy.

They likely just dropped the box onto the ground from the truck bed. Or maybe dropped it because it was heavier than expected. Not enough padding to handle the hit and BAM, RIP motherboard tray.

Postal workers being terrible at their jobs is nothing new.

What I would like to know, is which carrier did Linus pick to ship this PC. I would've thought they had shipped it on a pallet to make sure no one would try picking it up and fuck it over, but I guess they either didn't... or the workers just pushed the pallet off the truck instead of taking out the pallet jack. We may never know what exactly happened... But seriously, I want to know the carrier they used. I'm betting on UPS or FedEx right now. (but leaning toward UPS)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 3/28/2020 at 2:39 PM, AtomicFire said:

Literally about a month ago

https://www.ccn.com/pewdiepie-laughs-at-coronavirus-in-racially-edgy-return-video/

And don't forget all the other times he was racist/antisemetic

did you read the comments on that article or watch the video they cited? he never spoke chinese or made fun of chinese people. he wasn't making fun of the virus. he was putting a humorous spin on the serious situation he was in when he was on break. And every single comment is pointing out the glaring misinformation in the article. if you're behind that kind of journalism I'm surprised you still have motor function in your fingers with a skull that thick.