My PSU might not be what I thought it was

Taylor T

I bought my computer when I was younger and dumber, one of my friends who I though knew a lot about computers told me it was a good deal so I went for it. I have since upgraded and the current system is a b450 motherboard, a ryzen 5 1600, and a gtx 980. While looking at nicer graphics cards today I realized that I have never actually taken my psu out to look at the labels. When I bought it I was told that it was a cougar 600w bronze and I didn't ask any questions but when I looked at it today I found no labels on any side and it doesn't look like any of the pictures of cougar products. I don't want an unreliable power supply in my system for a moment longer than it has to be. Am I missing something, should I even be worrying?

IMG_20200328_115035.jpg

IMG_20200328_115103.jpg

IMG_20200328_123615.jpg

IMG_20200328_123635.jpg

Well, thats even dodgier than those chinese psu. Id say, if you have extra budget, change that out or risk destroying your entire system

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I'm not very well versed in Cougar \ HEC PSUs but this but this thing doesn't look like their modern offerings so it's probably like 10 years old. I'd recommend to replace it, especially since it looks like it was opened already and you have pretty high-end GPU there.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

This thing is garbage.

Kill it with fire before it kills your parts.