Lower performance than expected (HELP!)

Im having some performance issues with my pc in fortnite. I have a 2700x cpu and a 2070 with 16gb of ram over clocked to 2700 MHz in game on all low settings i get around 180 - 220 fps witch is more than enough but its annoying i cant run over 240 if i were to buy a 240hz monitor. Similar speced pcs on youtube can run the game at a consistent 250 260 fps With 3600mhz ram. Im aware ram speed is huge with ryzen but should it make that much of a difference? 

What game are you looking at? CS:GO? LoL? If you run the RAM at +1GHz and tight timings, you can easily get a good +20-40 fps with those games.

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

What game are you looking at? CS:GO? LoL? If you run the RAM at +1GHz and tight timings, you can easily get a good +20-40 fps with those games.

Im look at fortnite 

Just now, Connorrjm said:

Im look at fortnite 

Same situation - fast RAM matters. Also, have you enabled XMP and Precision Boost? Those also help a lot. Make sure the BIOS and firmware/drivers are updated as well.

30 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Same situation - fast RAM matters. Also, have you enabled XMP and Precision Boost? Those also help a lot. Make sure the BIOS and firmware/drivers are updated as well.

Not sure what precision boost is but ya i have xmp enabled and i think im gonna try and take my ram past 2700 its stock 2400 

7 minutes ago, Connorrjm said:

Not sure what precision boost is but ya i have xmp enabled and i think im gonna try and take my ram past 2700 its stock 2400

In layman's terms, Precision Boost Override is automatic SAFE overclocking based on temps and power usage. ie. getting that actual best from your CPU.

7 minutes ago, Connorrjm said:

Also maybe share you RAM specs (or any specs for that matter you never know), why you can read in my sig.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

13 minutes ago, Connorrjm said:

Enable Preciin Boost and XFR and try to OC the RAM or tighten timings more. Also update the BIOS and firmware

-= Topic Moved to PC Gaming =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

In layman's terms, Precision Boost Override is automatic SAFE overclocking based on temps and power usage. ie. getting that actual best from your CPU.

Also maybe share you RAM specs (or any specs for that matter you never know), why you can read in my sig.

i have pretty shitty ram tbh i have corsair vengence lpx 2400 mhz but im overclocking it quite a bit

30 minutes ago, 5x5 said: