Recommendation For A Gaming Headset($150 Budget)

I currently have the Razer Kraken Pro headset and I have been looking into buying a new headset because the sound and mic are not very good. I have stretched ears so I'm looking for a headset with large ear cups. My ears are at 9/16 so they are not too big, about the size of a finger. Anyway i need a headset with at least 5.1 audio and a decent microphone. They also need to be comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I have been looking at the Corsair Vengeance 2000 and 1500, if anyone can give me there input on those it would be very appreciated. 

Roccat Kaves are really good for gaming and general use, but you do need 5.1 connection on your motherboard or a sound card

Character artist in the Games industry.

Vengeance headsets are great for people with larger ears and so are the steelseries Siberia v2s

I think you can get the PC350 for that price somewhere. They are some pretty decent headphones.

Personally I have the SIberia V2 which I guess is ok. Not that good in terms of sound quality but the mic and fit is good.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I have decided on going with either the Corsair 1500(amazon sale $60) or SIberia V2. Which headset has the better microphone?

Vengeance headsets are great for people with larger ears and so are the steelseries Siberia v2s

I have decided on going with either the Corsair 1500(amazon sale $60) or SIberia V2. Which headset has the better microphone? And is the Corsair Vengeance 2000 noticeably better then the 1500?

PS i also do not care for wireless on the 2000.

I'd take a Adudiotechnica ad700 and a Mic over just about every headset except possibly a sennheiser pc360.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'd take a Adudiotechnica ad700 and a Mic over just about everything except possibly a sennheiser pc360.

this

I'd take a Adudiotechnica ad700 and a Mic over just about everything except possibly a sennheiser pc360.

The ear cups do not look big enough for my ears. I have medium/large size ears and on top of that they are stretched so I have a little over half an inch plug in my ear lobe.

I THINK the Corsair has a better mic than the SteelSeries Siberia, I have a Siberia, and the mic just picks up everything, I had to put a sponge around it just to stop it picking up all the background noises. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I THINK the Corsair has a better mic than the SteelSeries Siberia, I have a Siberia, and the mic just picks up everything, I had to put a sponge around it just to stop it picking up all the background noises. 

Okay thank you. Do you think that i should get the vengeance 1500 or 2000? I personally do not care for the wireless capability of the Vengeance 2000. So what I'm asking is if there is any differences in quality of either the headset, sound, and microphone?

Personally, I have had bad experiences with wireless headsets, so I would go for the 1500, but yet again, that is my opinion. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I personally recently bought the Corsair 1500 Headset. I have slightly larger ears and they are SOOO comfy, I used to get ear pains after about 45 mins on my old cheap headset, I am yet to experience pain with my 1500's and I tend to game while talking on skype for hours (longest period I've had since buying my 1500's was around 6 hours or so.) Also, dat price, holy crap they should cost so much more for the build quality.

As for the mic, I have been told the quality is very good, the only background noise leakage I've ever really had was when I had my fan turned up pretty high in my room on a hot day but apart from that I haven't had any complaints from my friends and I'm gaming with them on skype nearly every night.

All in all well worth getting. 

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I personally recently bought the Corsair 1500 Headset. I have slightly larger ears and they are SOOO comfy, I used to get ear pains after about 45 mins on my old cheap headset, I am yet to experience pain with my 1500's and I tend to game while talking on skype for hours (longest period I've had since buying my 1500's was around 6 hours or so.) Also, dat price, holy crap they should cost so much more for the build quality.

As for the mic, I have been told the quality is very good, the only background noise leakage I've ever really had was when I had my fan turned up pretty high in my room on a hot day but apart from that I haven't had any complaints from my friends and I'm gaming with them on skype nearly every night.

All in all well worth getting.

Okay Thank you so much. I'll get the Corsair 1500. Yeah I saw the price and I was surprised and as long as the headset doesn't pick up my keyboard(MX Blue switches) and mouse clicks, I'll be fine.

I've got the Corsair Vengeance 1300's (1500's but with 3.5 jack instead of USB) as well as the AD700's. I can take side by side pics when I get home if you want.

I would really recommend getting the AD700's if you can. The positional audio is much better than the vengeance. That's not to say the Vengeance are bad at all. But it's one of those "you don't know what you don't know" things where once you play with the AD700's you just can't go back to normal "gaming" headphones.

Also the mic on the vengeance sounds good, no one will complain about your voice unless it's annoying.

I've got the Corsair Vengeance 1300's (1500's but with 3.5 jack instead of USB) as well as the AD700's. I can take side by side pics when I get home if you want.

I would really recommend getting the AD700's if you can. The positional audio is much better than the vengeance. That's not to say the Vengeance are bad at all. But it's one of those "you don't know what you don't know" things where once you play with the AD700's you just can't go back to normal "gaming" headphones.

Also the mic on the vengeance sounds good, no one will complain about your voice unless it's annoying.

lol i do not think my voice is annoying but i guess that is for others to decide. I purchased the 1500's and unless i am unhappy with them then ill look into the AD700s and the Siberia v2s.