A solid laptop for 4-5 Years under 800 bucks

I would like to program on a laptop that would last for at least 4-5 years. I would like to program games if possible in the future so i need a laptop for this purpose. I would like to do at least light if possible and a pc that can run emulators as well. And I'm so confused with the benchmark sites that are showing exactly the opposite results from eachother. For example: https://versus.com/tr/amd-ryzen-5-3500u-vs-intel-core-i5-8265u https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8265U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500U/m566107vsm760067. It might not be true but like some sites are fanboys of intel or amd. I don't get it.

Userbenchmark has changed their rankings to highly favor intel. I wouldn't trust them.

both these chips have compromises. If I were you (and could wait a month or two) I'd stick it out for a laptop with a Ryzen 4000 series CPU. On the new Zen 2 architecture, it should perform like a beast and sip power.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Userbenchmark heavily favors Intel, so they're not a reliable site. Personally I'd go for the 3500U, since you won't have to get a laptop with a dedicated GPU if you only play lighter/older games.

A girl who loves to love.

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Userbenchmark has changed their rankings to highly favor intel. I wouldn't trust them.

both these chips have compromises. If I were you (and could wait a month or two) I'd stick it out for a laptop with a Ryzen 4000 series CPU. On the new Zen 2 architecture, it should perform like a beast and sip power.

Thank you for your reply. I can even wait for the black friday sales (or any upcoming sales if you can suggest me). Could you suggest me site that could give me a neutral result?

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Userbenchmark heavily favors Intel, so they're not a reliable site. Personally I'd go for the 3500U, since you won't have to get a laptop with a dedicated GPU if you only play lighter/older games.

Thanks. Could you give some example of pcs if you can?

Just now, Arda Na said:

do you think that i7-9750h would make any sense if i would like to buy it?

That laptop comes with a 9300h but it won't hurt in terms of performance and keeping the laptop longer.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

That laptop comes with a 9300h but it won't hurt in terms of performance and keeping the laptop longer.

Thanks.

I highly recommend slickdeals website on the laptop category to look for deals

https://slickdeals.net/f/13926689-msi-ge-series-ge65-raider-432-15-6-i7-9750h-gtx-1660-ti-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-gaming-laptop-949-00-ar-fs?src=catpagev2

There are some good deals time to time.

I know above laptop is overbudget but 9750H and 1660TI isn't just okay it is an excellent pc with 144hz screen etc

Right now i dont have a recommendation on your budget but if you just check deals you could find better specs thats in your budget too.

Also userbench percentage performance metric is very single threaded you need to look at multi quad and single on your own rather than what userbench scores it is still a good service just compare it yourself on the details.

10 hours ago, Arda Na said:

I would like to program on a laptop that would last for at least 4-5 years

Where are you from? Budget? Any links of online stores? Any preferences on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, genexis_x said:

Where are you from? Budget? Any links of online stores? Any preferences on weight and battery life?

Im from Turkey but i can maybe shop from Germany aswell. For battery life i would need like 5-6 hours of battery. I don't want anything above 3 kilograms.