Changing the GPU running on my HP All-in-One from installed gpu to integrated one

Hey guys!

Hope you can help me with something. I currently have an HP Envy 23-1080a. It has an AMD A8 5500 APU + a GT 520M. I checked what kind of graphics card the APU has, and it is a Radeon HD 7560D. I compared it vs the 520M and it looks like it performs better. I would like to try if I can use the Radeon one instead and see if I can get better performance in games. Is there a tool that I can use for this? Let me know your ideas, thanks a lot!

-= Topic moved to Graphics Cards =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 minutes ago, joystickwarfare said:

Hey guys!

Hope you can help me with something. I currently have an HP Envy 23-1080a. It has an AMD A8 5500 APU + a GT 520M. I checked what kind of graphics card the APU has, and it is a Radeon HD 7560D. I compared it vs the 520M and it looks like it performs better. I would like to try if I can use the Radeon one instead and see if I can get better performance in games. Is there a tool that I can use for this? Let me know your ideas, thanks a lot!

There may be an option in the BIOS to enable/disable discrete GPUs. HP product page also says the integrated graphics is unavailable when a stand alone card is configured, so HP may block it from being used. You'll have to poke around and see.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

11 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

There may be an option in the BIOS to enable/disable discrete GPUs. HP product page also says the integrated graphics is unavailable when a stand alone card is configured, so HP may block it from being used. You'll have to poke around and see.

Also, there is an option in Windows to select/choose what graphics adapter/s you would like to use and which one/s you don't want to use. Click within the Windows Start Menu Search Box and type "Device Manager" followed by Enter. Once the Device Manager opens, click on "Display Adapters" and then right click the GPU that you don't want to use and then select "Disable".

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Also, there is an option in Windows to select/choose what graphics adapter/s you would like to use and which one/s you don't want to use. Click within the Windows Start Menu Search Box and type "Device Manager" followed by Enter. Once the Device Manager opens, click on "Display Adapters" and then right click the GPU that you don't want to use and then select "Disable".

The Radeon GPU is not showing up on the display adapters. Looks like they disabled it.

14 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Maybe I should try disconnecting the GPU then?

1 minute ago, joystickwarfare said:

The Radeon GPU is not showing up on the display adapters. Looks like they disabled it.

Maybe I should try disconnecting the GPU then?

If there is not BIOS option to disable the discrete one they you could certainly try.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15