EVGA GD600W PSU vs Corsair TX650M PSU

Alifr23

Hello,

I am considering buying a better PSU as I bought a evga 80+ white psu when I built my pc about a year ago. PC specs are given below. I also plan on buying a RTX 2070 or 2070 Super in the upcoming months and I was overclocking that as well as my CPU as I want to reach 144fps in the games I play. The Corsair PSU is currently £20 more expensive in the UK and I was wondering whether it is worth the price or if I should go for the cheaper EVGA GD for only £60. Both are in the same tier in the PSU Tier list 4.0

As I am an amateur when it comes to PC building, any pointers and help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

PC specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Msi armor RX 580

DDR4 ram @ 2800 Mhz

The Corsair is the better unit, but for that price GD is fine. Do note it's non-modular so you won't be able to remove the cables

As a wise master once said, 

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

Displays: LG GX 55"| Acer XB273K | Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q | LG 32UN650-W 

the GD 2019 is actually in tier B. not necessarily a bad thing, but the bequiet system power 9, which is in the same tier, is £5 cheaper

46 minutes ago, TeeKayTK said:

The Corsair is the better unit, but for that price GD is fine. Do note it's non-modular so you won't be able to remove the cables

oh alright, im not too concerned about it being non modular tbh.

but regarding the GD it should handle both a 2070 super and a r5 2600 being ocd fine? 

43 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the GD 2019 is actually in tier B. not necessarily a bad thing, but the bequiet system power 9, which is in the same tier, is £5 cheaper

ohh i see, i didnt realise there was a 2019 version of the GD, im guessing this therefore is the 2019 version and not the 2017 one?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-evga-gd-80-plus-gold-single-rail-50a-120mm-fan-over-voltage-protection-atx-psu?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyPbzBRDsARIsAFh15Ja4S_OKfWAmSBdJBctJH0gS2NIVlVXCRYM9SylXmwqDxctv64-OUOgaAr1dEALw_wcB 

Thanks for your inputs guys :)

11 minutes ago, Alifr23 said:

oh alright, im not too concerned about it being non modular tbh.

but regarding the GD it should handle both a 2070 super and a r5 2600 being ocd fine? 

ohh i see, i didnt realise there was a 2019 version of the GD, im guessing this therefore is the 2019 version and not the 2017 one?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-evga-gd-80-plus-gold-single-rail-50a-120mm-fan-over-voltage-protection-atx-psu?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyPbzBRDsARIsAFh15Ja4S_OKfWAmSBdJBctJH0gS2NIVlVXCRYM9SylXmwqDxctv64-OUOgaAr1dEALw_wcB 

Thanks for your inputs guys :)

yes, the 2017 version come in 550W, 650W etc, while the 2019 version comes in 500, 600 etc