Desk PC v2 *complete for now*

derr12

Sorry, but I don't quite understand why you would pair RX 5700 XT with a Ryzen 9 3900X.

Unless you have a specific needs of that configuration, I wouldn't recommend that graphics card since it will hold back the full potential of the Ryzen 9. Especially in gaming.

I would recommend instead to upgrade the graphics card of yoyr choice (RX 5700 XT) to a —al leasr— 2080 or 2080 Super. 

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Azura Lightfeilt said:

Sorry, but I don't quite understand why you would pair RX 5700 XT with a Ryzen 9 3900X.

Unless you have a specific needs of that configuration, I wouldn't recommend that graphics card since it will hold back the full potential of the Ryzen 9. Especially in gaming.

I would recommend instead to upgrade the graphics card of yoyr choice (RX 5700 XT) to a —al leasr— 2080 or 2080 Super. 

Thank you.

the extra cores help keep things smooth when the family is running multiple streams via plex from this machine.  only have a 75hz 1440p panel to game on.  anything else is overkill at this point.

Salvaged and hacked apart the old fan/rad mounts and managed to get it to test fit pretty good. Have to take the bottom one apart and clean it up a bit. Removal is easy, just take off the front bolts and loosen the rears. It slides right out the front. Can’t see the rad thru the front grille either. 

CDD36D31-7403-46AC-BD15-A529E1B10F76.jpeg

FD80EC71-F0C8-4C0A-B17B-1D4EE241408E.jpeg

Found problem #2 with the video card in, the fans would hit the end. Solution was to either raise the motherboard an inch or knock the IO board back half an inch. Decided to knock it out. 

Still have room for my big meat-beaters to get in and plug in cables.

image.jpg

Some more primer done, also decided to go screwless to retain the front grille. Made some trim for it to hold in. 

Also made a fan grill for the side intake fans.

B4770A2C-F2E0-4801-94F1-FC800F72E489.jpeg

image.jpg

+ points for rgb mb tray...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Primerrrrd. Get a few fan screw holes drilled shortly. Also the cable hole to the rear.  Can start on the black paint tomorrow Likely. Oh and a foam roller for the shellac primer is the way to go. No brush lines to sand out that way. 

6B5AF7AC-6DA7-4078-AC81-114B3E70444D.jpeg

Nice!

I'm not a big fan of desk PCs (i like sff), but they're still cool :)

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

41 minutes ago, 732 said:

Nice!

I'm not a big fan of desk PCs (i like sff), but they're still cool :)

If I was any good at this, it would have cost less than a sff case. Instead I gave all my money to the good people who make wood filler and bondo. 

And i I needed a better desk for my work at home setup. Keep bashing my damn knees. 

1 hour ago, derr12 said:

You can see why: 

image.jpg

Ah. I see.

Nice monitor, but it's really cramped :)

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

Getting some nice coverage on the second coat. 1 more to go, some dry time, and I can start looking at putting things together 

D14D3F48-6722-4AFB-9C50-AAE597579DB6.jpeg

We are getting close. Another coat inside the cabinet and another couple on the trim bits here and there. I may be able to start mounting hardware by tomorrow night.

ED0A4538-F3A2-48BC-8044-176591CBA0BF.jpeg

Rgbw test semi-successful. A couple colours missing on a couple strands. These build your own kits have really really finicky connectors. Went thru the whole damn roll to get this good. Cheap no-name controller. 

B7892FE3-49B6-4DD0-8A79-E5BDCEC0B314.jpeg

0B658C96-3890-4E05-AFE9-CDBCFA1702CD.jpeg

It is really starting to come together! Looks amazing so far!

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Fan controller might be broke tho. Further testing tomorrow. Might have botch a solder job putting the ends back on one of the fans. 

I love builds like this, I was just getting invested and now we're here, can't wait for the next update

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

yep. mosfet controlling 2 fan ports was dead.  slipped right off its mounting. soldered it back on, but not getting enough juice to turn a fan.  oh well, ordered another one and will use fan splitters to get all 8 spinning for now. I probably killed it.  turns out one of my fans was shorting out thru the heatshrink.  must have left a jaggy.

Using fan splitters to get all 8 fans turning now. Decided to wash my rad out and pump. And now I’ve got the bottom part of the case all tubed up. 

CD71F473-7C6C-4E39-BA90-58459FE24A50.jpeg

6E79D57D-8B30-437D-859A-3B136BD58633.jpeg

677A5653-DBBC-4350-866B-B2E947469AB5.jpeg