How can I connect my monitor to sound bar?

Will4334

I have a Yamaha YAS-107 sound bar, an LG 27UD58-B monitor, and an Xbox One and I can't get the sound to work no matter what combination I do with HDMI.

Alternatively, if there is a cheap speaker I could buy I could also do that.

Thanks.

Have you done Xbox -> Sound Bar -> Monitor? This is how my Switch is hooked up to my Samsung soundbar+tv

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

4 minutes ago, Phaytuh said:

Best bet would be to get an optical audio (S/PDIF) cable to connect your Xbox directly to the sound bar.

Would that for sure work? And which of the two would I connect with the optical cable

6 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Have you done Xbox -> Sound Bar -> Monitor? This is how my Switch is hooked up to my Samsung soundbar+tv

Using two HDMI cords excluding the one I use for to connect the visuals?

10 minutes ago, Will4334 said:

Would that for sure work? And which of the two would I connect with the optical cable

You would connect the XBOX to the sound bar via optical cable (TOSLINK) that will handle the sound (you might have to configure the XBOX to output sound to the optical calbe though - not sure).

You would then connect the XBOX to the TV via HDMI.   

That should fix your problem. 

My PS4 is also connected to my TV and a sound bar, but I did it via my TV.  I connected the PS4 to the TV and the TV to the sound bar via HDMI cables.  I then set the HDMI port that is connected from the TV to the sound bar as a HDMI/ARC port.  I don't really remember why I set it that way (it has been over a year since I configured this setup).

Here is a link to help describe the ARC configuration - https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-arc-faq,news-26262.html