Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foop_

My PC I built and have had for a while won't turn on

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I built this PC a while ago and it worked fine for the most part. Every once in a while it'd randomly shut off, i'd give it a few taps, and it'd start again. However, this time it shut off and wouldn't turn on. However, when I plug in the PSU and flick my PSU switch on, the indicator light on the GPU turns on.

I've tried:

  • Checking the wiring
  • Taking my CMOS battery out and putting it back in
  • Putting in a new CMOS battery
  • Swapping the CPU (swapped in an used Pentium I got off eBay)
  • Jump starting the computer from the motherboard (with the original CPU)

to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, foop_ said:

I built this PC a while ago and it worked fine for the most part. Every once in a while it'd randomly shut off, i'd give it a few taps, and it'd start again. However, this time it shut off and wouldn't turn on. However, when I plug in the PSU and flick my PSU switch on, the indicator light on the GPU turns on.

I've tried:

  • Checking the wiring
  • Taking my CMOS battery out and putting it back in
  • Putting in a new CMOS battery

to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

what are the specs of your system?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, The Spectator said:

what are the specs of your system?

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (Gigabyte Ultra Durable Black Edition)

RAM: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury

Storage: 1.25 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extreme

PSU: Corsair HX850i

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Case: NZXT H440

Fans: Stock Case fans

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, foop_ said:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (Gigabyte Ultra Durable Black Edition)

RAM: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury

Storage: 1.25 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extreme

PSU: Corsair HX850i

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Case: NZXT H440

Fans: Stock Case fans

 

you might have a cmos jumper out of place, do you get into the BIOS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, The Spectator said:

you might have a cmos jumper out of place, do you get into the BIOS?

I couldn't get into the BIOS, the computer wont start at all. When I press the button (I've also tried jump starting it from the motherboard, I'll edit the post, I did some troubleshooting today) I get zero response.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×