At window 10 install and no HDD space

DVAShun

I made it to the point where windows 10 is asking where to install and I have a Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB

I bought it used. I tried 3 sata cables.

I have tried doing Shift+10 and doing a select disk/clean/partition but it says Incorrect function. I cant figure out what to do.

Here is a video

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Last Build

B450 Tomahawk Max, ASUS TURBO 1080, Ryzen 7 2700X, T-Force RGB 16GB

Current Project

Macbook Air 13in 2013

The drive might be done but there is a chance that windows cannot read the partition table or the drive for that matter. If it was used in a linux machine it would be likely not recognized by windows. You would need to remap the partition table with windows to MBR or GPT if you like. I haven't done this in a while but I believe it was: "diskpart" then "list disk" then "select disk #" then "convert mbr" then go back to the setup and check again

Its okay. Any help is good help. Now i have something to play catch with my dog. Now I can say I bought him an expensive chew toy. 

On note, trading my shirt for a hard drive. Can cook grilled cheeses

My Last Build

B450 Tomahawk Max, ASUS TURBO 1080, Ryzen 7 2700X, T-Force RGB 16GB

Current Project

Macbook Air 13in 2013

If you have a linux (ubuntu or such) disk or thumb drive, meaning a live disk/drive. you could check it with a program called "gparted" and maybe delete what ever partition remains. It is widely recommended for drive cloning and partitioning.

To make sure it's the File System problem, most of TV's use Linux file system. You can try loading it on a TV and see if it shows anything! Worth a try...