Need advice for new setup

fpstom

I recently purchased new PC components and i would like to format my SSD and reinstall windows to start from fresh (ive had issues with old versions of windows lingering after upgrading from 7 to 10 and can never remove them). The windows recovery tool on my computer is completely broken any reset attempts fail around 50%, i want to format the SSD and reinstall windows but i am unsure how to do this. (Can i format the drive when i boot from a USB drive and get to the partition assignment step).

i appreciate this may be a confusing question any help would be appreciated.

Yes u can while installing windows with the USB u can go into cmd and do it

How is this done if i dont boot into windows? when i am  choosing which drive to install the OS to can i simply delete all partitions on the SSD and remove the previous OS at the same time? 

Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, fpstom said:

The windows recovery tool on my computer is completely broken any reset attempts fail around 50%

Use a USB drive in order to run a repair installation, then you can use the reset tool without any problems (preventing the need to reinstall the entire operating system). 

Link to a page I found on Microsoft's site where detailed instructions are provided on how to run a repair install using a USB drive:    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/repair-windows-10-using-usb-drive/35c9a8f8-dde5-4370-a8fe-5a84b9e00ebb

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Thanks for the response however ideally i would like to reinstall the operating system and start fresh. but i am unsure of how to format the drive while it has the operating system installed on it.