Mixer/ Audio-out switcher help

xallis

So I want a USB-based audio interface to handle 1 mic input that will be passed through to windows and 2 outputs from windows to speakers and headphones with an option to toggle between the two outputs so I don't have to fumble with windows settings every time I want to swap. Being able to adjust sound levels individually to outputs is the other reason I'm looking into a standalone device. Now that I'm writing this out I see that if windows sees it as 1 output that is just swapped via hardware I won't be able to, for example, have chrome coming through speakers and a game coming through headphones but that's not really a use-case I run into. 

I'm currently running off motherboard audio so no DAC/Amp - I don't know if the mixer or whatever I'm looking for generally includes these but options if there's one out there that I've missed let me know.

Thanks for any insight - I've included a shitty mock-up of what I'm thinking.

audio.png

There are not a lot of deviced, which have only 3 Fader, so you could either get a big sound mixer (not profitable, I think) or you could just get a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, ithink it fits your needs pretty good.

https://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_scarlett_2i2_3rd_gen.htm

You're not able to directly switch outputs here, but you can of course dial one in and dial out the other 🤨

1 hour ago, d0m1._ said:

There are not a lot of deviced, which have only 3 Fader, so you could either get a big sound mixer (not profitable, I think) or you could just get a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, ithink it fits your needs pretty good.

https://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_scarlett_2i2_3rd_gen.htm

You're not able to directly switch outputs here, but you can of course dial one in and dial out the other 🤨

Thanks, I think I saw this while I was looking at other threads and missed that it had an individual dial for headphones. It's a little silly but I do kinda prefer the aesthetic/feel of sliders vs dials - regardless this may be the right option. I'm not opposed to a mixer with up to 6 sliders just to future proof but I think anything bigger than that would be too big to fit comfortably.