5700 xt vs 5600 xt

Bruh1

Hello everyone.

I'm looking to build a new rig and I saw that in my country the 5700 xt MSI EVOKE is 350$ which is 50$ more expensive than the sapphire 5600 xt 

Also the 5700 xt MSI EVOKE is some how 70-100$ cheaper than other 5700xt's like the sapphire one which is 430$ , so I am wondering what's the deal with that ? is the MSI one really bad or something how is it that much cheaper , I looked through many sites its not a sale or smthing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

The models are different, therefore a lot of other associated factors are different and are causing the MSI unit to be a lot cheaper. For graphics cards, it's usually that better cooling systems come with better models of the card. If it is that significantly lower-cost, then I would purchase it over others, if it was a few dollars in difference, I would select which model has a better cooling solution. Does the MSI unit have the same amount of VRAM or is it different, could you provide links?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

the original 5700xt evoke had thermal problems. since the price on the one you're looking is so low, it's probably one of the original ones, so you'll have issues with it. I'd take a look at price for the 5700 non xt, as usually they can be overclocked and bios flashed to have the same performance as the 5700xt.

3 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The models are different, therefore a lot of other associated factors are different and are causing the MSI unit to be a lot cheaper. For graphics cards, it's usually that better cooling systems come with better models of the card. If it is that significantly lower-cost, then I would purchase it over others, if it was a few dollars in difference, I would select which model has a better cooling solution. Does the MSI unit have the same amount of VRAM or is it different, could you provide links?

Hmm I see. 

It's actually gone on Amazon but I found it on another site, I live in France btw. 

https://www.amazon.fr/MSI-RX-5700-XT-OC/dp/B07W62YP4G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=5700+xt&qid=1585264075&sr=8-3

It doesn't really say the vram for some reason..

On the other site it says it's 8 GB  Gddr6 pci express 4.0

How much is the 5700 xt msi costs in ur country? Would be interesting to compare. 

3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

the original 5700xt evoke had thermal problems. since the price on the one you're looking is so low, it's probably one of the original ones, so you'll have issues with it. I'd take a look at price for the 5700 non xt, as usually they can be overclocked and bios flashed to have the same performance as the 5700xt.

Yeaa I did read about some thermal issues and they might be the reason why indeed, but I was considering it because how bad can it be? Could I just run the card with good airflow anyways? Also found the rx 5700 like u said for the same price, 350$

Found this one idk if it's good XFX Radeon RX 5700 DD Boost up Ultra 8GB

Edit: the 5700 xt out performs the 5700 by a lot after looking at some benchmarks. Idk if overclocking will be sustainable and do the trick at the same time. 

5700XT is a much better GPU, but the MSI Evoke is not reviewed well. It may be possible to improve thermals though.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

7 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Yeaa I did read about some thermal issues and they might be the reason why indeed, but I was considering it because how bad can it be? Could I just run the card with good airflow anyways? Also found the rx 5700 like u said for the same price, 350$

Found this one idk if it's good XFX Radeon RX 5700 DD Boost up Ultra 8GB

Edit: the 5700 xt out performs the 5700 by a lot after looking at some benchmarks. Idk if overclocking will be sustainable and do the trick at the same time. 

yeah not sure. both the 5700xt evoke and tha xfx DD aren't great. between the two, go for evoke I guess, since they are the same price and you can run it at stock

Get the 5700 XT. If the thermal is not ok, just request a newer revision. Perform much better than 5600 XT + 2GB VRAM. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The 5700xt is a no brainer. If it’s that cheap I’d get it. I paid $409 for my sapphire pulse 5700xt and don’t regret it at all, it’s only a dual fan card but it’s been great so far.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

6 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

The 5700xt is a no brainer. If it’s that cheap I’d get it. I paid $409 for my sapphire pulse 5700xt and don’t regret it at all, it’s only a dual fan card but it’s been great so far.

Yea but the Sapphire is known to be the best 5700 xt and 5600 xt , but the MSI EVOKE is 70$ cheaper in the sacrifice of some thermals , not sure if its a complete killer or not that's what im looking to know. if it's playable with good airflow i dont mind my gpu reaching 80 degrees who cares

While the thermals are indeed bad with the evoke, they aren't catastrophic like in asus tuf.

So if you can live with the higher noise you definetly should buy the 5700xt.

17 minutes ago, Gaires said:

While the thermals are indeed bad with the evoke, they aren't catastrophic like in asus tuf.

So if you can live with the higher noise you definetly should buy the 5700xt.

I can live with higher noise , I really don't care I just want the card to last me 2 or 3 years on AAA titles with decent graphics.

So unless the thermals are so bad it just kills the card in a couple of months of usage or heavily reduced performance im buying it

21 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

So unless the thermals are so bad it just kills the card in a couple of months of usage or heavily reduced performance im buying it

If my memory serves me right, the thermals weren't so high that it would damage the card.

I'll leave reviews here for you to check out yourself.

22 minutes ago, Gaires said:

If my memory serves me right, the thermals weren't so high that it would damage the card.

I'll leave reviews here for you to check out yourself.

These are the reviews that I watched , he confirmed that MSI fixed the thermal issues a bit and that the thermals are pretty acceptable now but the problem is when you buy them from retailers u cant really tell if it's the fixed version or the old version that has been sitting in their stocks since release.

He did say that MSI offers a free replacement if it's the old version but there's no way of telling first of all and 2nd im not sure if it works in my country since im not in the US(I'm in france) , not sure if MSI is ready to globally do this card replacement.

So I don't know I might have to contact MSI and see what they say about this.

10 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

These are the reviews that I watched , he confirmed that MSI fixed the thermal issues a bit and that the thermals are pretty acceptable now but the problem is when you buy them from retailers u cant really tell if it's the fixed version or the old version that has been sitting in their stocks since release.

He did say that MSI offers a free replacement if it's the old version but there's no way of telling first of all and 2nd im not sure if it works in my country since im not in the US(I'm in france) , not sure if MSI is ready to globally do this card replacement.

So I don't know I might have to contact MSI and see what they say about this.

Yeah, it's best to ask MSI.

Tried to do some googling, but didn't find any mentions if they do it in Europe.

You can also try to ask the seller if they know which version it is.

13 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Yeah, it's best to ask MSI.

Tried to do some googling, but didn't find any mentions if they do it in Europe.

You can also try to ask the seller if they know which version it is.

omg I went to the site to see if I can contact the seller , and I noticed that it says Version 2 , does that just confirm that its the fixed version?

Cause if so this is a SUPER great deal cause the performance the 5700 xt provides is INSANE and for 350$??? that is PERFECT. I need to get this card ASAP and start  building this rig.

2 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

omg I went to the site to see if I can contact the seller , and I noticed that it says Version 2 , does that just confirm that its the fixed version?

Cause if so this is a SUPER great deal cause the performance the 5700 xt provides is INSANE and for 350$??? that is PERFECT. I need to get this card ASAP and start  building this rig.

Don't you have 7 or 14 days to return the item?

So even if it's the old version, you should be able to send it back. Assuming you treat the item well and it's still in sellable condition.

19 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Don't you have 7 or 14 days to return the item?

So even if it's the old version, you should be able to send it back. Assuming you treat the item well and it's still in sellable condition.

I realized that am an idiot because the price shocked me so much I didn't read reviews , I almost bought it but I noticed reviews , some people are saying that their card is some how scratched , they aren't saying that it's broken or something but scratches like signs of usage , which means that this site is some how running a scam by saying its new but it's used?

although it's a decent site I heard good stuff about it... Weird

Dodged a scam right there,

So back to the rx 5600 xt sapphire , in my opinion its a great card and good enough for 1080p gaming , I was going for a bit of an over kill anyways with the 5700 xt for 1080p , I just want it to run later AAA titles well for like 2 3 years....

9 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

I realized that am an idiot because the price shocked me so much I didn't read reviews , I almost bought it but I noticed reviews , some people are saying that their card is some how scratched , they aren't saying that it's broken or something but scratches like signs of usage , which means that this site is some how running a scam by saying its new but it's used?

So back to the rx 5600 xt sapphire , in my opinion its a great card and good enough for 1080p gaming , I was going for a bit of an over kill anyways with the 5700 xt for 1080p , I just want it to run later AAA titles well for like 2 3 years....

You might want to consider this one also.

https://www.amazon.fr/EVGA-GeForce-Gaming-06G-P4-2068-KR-Backplate/dp/B083JX52VG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=EVGA+GeForce+RTX+2060+6+GB+KO&qid=1585335136&sr=8-1-fkmr0

6 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Yea... the RTX 2060 is a good card but the 5600 xt performs better , but the rtx 2060 has ray tracing potential with DLSS 2.0 actually being super good as far as I can tell , it literally improves visuals and improves frame rate somehow?? Idk how did Nvidia do it but that's what they are promising and that's what they are showing in their videos.

I might actually go for an RTX 2060 for more driver stability and DLSS 2.0

thanks for the reminder actually totally forgot about the rtx 2060 had it in mind for sure before but got blinded by the fake 5700 xt price.

5 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Yea... the RTX 2060 is a good card but the 5600 xt performs better , but the rtx 2060 has ray tracing potential with DLSS 2.0 actually being super good as far as I can tell , it literally improves visuals and improves frame rate somehow?? Idk how did Nvidia do it but that's what they are promising and that's what they are showing in their videos.

I might actually go for an RTX 2060 for more driver stability and DLSS 2.0

thanks for the reminder actually totally forgot about the rtx 2060 had it in mind for sure before but got blinded by the fake 5700 xt price.

You might want to check if there are even cheaper ones out there, as I don't speak French.

EVGA 2060 KO should be the cheapest model, but you never know.

22 minutes ago, Gaires said:

You might want to check if there are even cheaper ones out there, as I don't speak French.

EVGA 2060 KO should be the cheapest model, but you never know.

It is ,

It is the model that EVGA dropped right before the release of the 5600 xt I believe? when they dropped the price by 50$ just to compete with it.

1 hour ago, Bruh1 said:

If you have a 144hz monitor the 5700xt isn’t overkill at 1080p I’ll tell ya that. Cod on max settings I get around 110-144 fps in game. Same thing with apex legends. 
i refuse to run my games on potato settings. I spent all this money on my pc, if I want my game to look like shit I’ll play it on console and I have a one x and ps4 pro 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

5700xt will outperform the 5600 xt by about 20-30 frames on average on most games and there might be a bigger difference on others 

The only reason to buy a 5600 xt over a 5700 xt is money so if you save money and your budget is tight and you mainly gonna play on 1080p then 5600xt is a good choice

but please for heavens sake dont buy an overprices "strix OC gaming " what not version of a 5600 xt that is going to cost as much as the cheapest 5700 xt.... at the same price point 5700 xt is the obvious choice even if its the cheapest one.