Razer Leviathan vs Logitech z623 vs Creative Sound BlasterX Katana

Hello guys,

I currently have the logitech z623. I've got a good opportunity to buy the Razer Leviathan Elite for cheap.

Is that considered an upgrade if I would do so?

In addition, I can also get the Sound Blaster Katana for cheap ( will cost me a bit more then the Leviathan).

Now my question is, how do they compare to one another? 

Is the katana worth it? 

I find things like this so hard because I have no plan what they really sound like. (Nope, I can't check at a store)

I'd go with the Sound Blaster, just don't get a razer audio product, you'll regret it

On 3/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, PerfectlyNutz said:

Hello guys,

I currently have the logitech z623. I've got a good opportunity to buy the Razer Leviathan Elite for cheap.

Is that considered an upgrade if I would do so?

In addition, I can also get the Sound Blaster Katana for cheap ( will cost me a bit more then the Leviathan).

Now my question is, how do they compare to one another? 

Is the katana worth it? 

I find things like this so hard because I have no plan what they really sound like. (Nope, I can't check at a store)

Both the Razer and the Sound Blaster are sound bars. They're a downgrade in alot of ways. The logitech's allow you to position the speakers in the optimal position so they sound as good as they possibly can. Stick with the logitech's and spend the money on something else.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Both the Razer and the Sound Blaster are sound bars. They're a downgrade in alot of ways. The logitech's allow you to position the speakers in the optimal position so they sound as good as they possibly can. Stick with the logitech's and spend the money on something else.

My z623 just sits in front of me in the corners pointing towards me. The sound bar would also just sit in front of me. Is the katana really just a downgrade /  the same compared to the z623? 

Additionally the logitech g560 would be an option. How are those? Better then the katana?