Help with fake? Equipment

Hey guys, first time posting.

My friend ended up buying a surround sound from ultraLG theatres and isonos. It has no cables or buttons for that matter. I couldnt find any info on them and I'm sure they are fake. If anyone has any info please let me know :)

My question is: have any of you encountered this problem and if so are the speakers at least useable?

15852188978521295543911174181605.jpg

15852190163347223742901051781097.jpg

os- windows 7 x64, cpu- I5 5690k, gpu- evga geforce gtx 960, mobo- msi z97s sli krait edition, psu- corsair rm650, Hard drive- corsair 124gb ssd, hitachi 2Tb hdd

Indeed looks fake. 

The website doesn't exist. Searching for their series has no official website. 

It uses popular brand names like LG & Sonos. The bluetooth phone pictured on the box is an iPhone 3G...sound bars werent even a thing when they were around. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

3 minutes ago, indio6669 said:

My friend ended up buying a surround sound from ultraLG theatres and isonos

Uh, the only two brands that I can think of are LG and Sonos - these seem to be knock-offs of those brands.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Looks like a rip-off of LG and Sonos.

I mean UltraLG and iSonos.. Really?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

that is one of those parking lot sellers specials. if he bought it online he really got scammed

What was said above, UltraLG and iSonos aren't real brands, LG and Sonos are the actual brands.

Impulse buy is not a good thing, and there's nothing that can be done after the fact as knock-off brands don't offer any kind of support.

At this point, since there's nothing to lose, he can open them to see what's inside and if it's usable! Good luck.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

17 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

At this point, since there's nothing to lose, he can open them to see what's inside and if it's usable! Good luck.

Since the products have wireless capabilities, I wouldn't recommend connecting a phone or any personal device to it.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

There are connectors for speaker cables so presumably they are just passive speakers that need to be hooked up to a receiver and amplifier. I don't suspect they will sound any good and would return them if you can. 

5 minutes ago, Baos said:

Since the products have wireless capabilities, I wouldn't recommend connecting a phone or any personal device to it.

The box says "Wireless Compatible". There does not appear to be any built-in wireless connectivity, though you could drive the speakers with a wireless receiver and amp.

Bet the price was to shmexy to resist eh?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 hours ago, indio6669 said:

My friend ended up buying a surround sound from ultraLG theatres and isonos. It has no cables or buttons for that matter. I couldnt find any info on them and I'm sure they are fake. If anyone has any info please let me know

Your friend is a dumbass. Sorry, but it's a fact. Even just all the misspelled words should have been a red flag.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

15 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Your friend is a dumbass. Sorry, but it's a fact. Even just all the misspelled words should have been a red flag.

English may not be their first language, and they might not have been exposed to brands like LG and Sonos.

Yeah, I didnt rhink of anything till i really saw the box hahaah. He let me open it and it's just wooden boxes with speakers I'm sure they work but they are hallow boxes haahha

os- windows 7 x64, cpu- I5 5690k, gpu- evga geforce gtx 960, mobo- msi z97s sli krait edition, psu- corsair rm650, Hard drive- corsair 124gb ssd, hitachi 2Tb hdd

12 hours ago, circeseye said:

that is one of those parking lot sellers specials. if he bought it online he really got scammed

I thought the "white van" audio scams went out of style a long time ago, but maybe those guys are still out there.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

I thought the "white van" audio scams went out of style a long time ago, but maybe those guys are still out there.

nah they are STILL around. i see them from time to time, especially in walmart parking lots

19 minutes ago, circeseye said:

nah they are STILL around. i see them from time to time, especially in walmart parking lots

Amazing. I had a couple of dudes in a van pull up to my friend and I in 2005. They had some obviously knockoff Big Dog Audio or similar brand, and clearly faked invoices. “The boss recieved an extra set so we can sell these at a discount.” was their line.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

C'mon guys, the iSonos is the Apple compatible version! /s

This EEVBlog video does a pretty good job of explaining these type of fake products, including tearing them down to see what is inside.

While it's not the exact same speakers your friend got it is basically the same principle. Looks like the scammers have just moved on to those TV bar speakers since they're all the rage now.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 3 months later...

I was coming out of a grocery store Friday when some guy in a SUV asked me if i wanted a TV.  He made some BS story about his warehouse "where he worked" received more than what they were supposed to and were selling these. He showed me the specs,  smart sense and msrp listed was well over $3500 i think. The box looked very convincing as if had those 2 tough zip tie looking plastic things  outside the box. First he asked $300 then he said $100.  I didn't realize it till after he left  that the name Ultra LG sounded kinda weird. Kept telling him no and eventually he gave up. Trust your gut!