Logitech 213 keyboard issue

kb5zue

Accidentally dropped some chip crumbs on the keyboard so disconnected the keyboard and took it out to the garage to blow it out with the air compressor.  Everything went fine up to that point.  After blowing it out, hooked it back up to the PC and the problem I have now is that all the keys work with the exception of the right shift key.  To get the right shift key to work properly I need to hold the key down firmly while pressing the key I want to shift.  To capitalize the letter "R" for example,  I need to press down firmly with the right shift key, and then the key will allow it to capitalize the letter "R".

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?  To try and fix the problem, I have opened the keyboard and cleaned out the inside really good.  First attempt at cleaning I used the air compressor again.  Put it back together and still had the same problem.  My second attempt at cleaning was to open the keyboard and using some denatured alcohol on a clean cloth I wiped the inside of the keyboard and then put it back together.  Even after this thorough cleaning, I still have the same problem with the right shift key.  

After the two thorough cleanings, the first with air and the second with denatured alcohol, I still have the messed up right shift key.  Got to hold it down hard to get it to work.

I would really appreciate any ideas on what is going on with the keyboard.  It's a good keyboard and until now I have not had any problems with it at all.  Hoping someone has an idea or two because at this point in time, I can't afford to buy another keyboard.  To type this note, I had to borrow the keyboard from my wife's apple mac machine and she is going to want it back.

14 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Accidentally dropped some chip crumbs on the keyboard so disconnected the keyboard and took it out to the garage to blow it out with the air compressor.  Everything went fine up to that point.  After blowing it out, hooked it back up to the PC and the problem I have now is that all the keys work with the exception of the right shift key.  To get the right shift key to work properly I need to hold the key down firmly while pressing the key I want to shift.  To capitalize the letter "R" for example,  I need to press down firmly with the right shift key, and then the key will allow it to capitalize the letter "R".

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?  To try and fix the problem, I have opened the keyboard and cleaned out the inside really good.  First attempt at cleaning I used the air compressor again.  Put it back together and still had the same problem.  My second attempt at cleaning was to open the keyboard and using some denatured alcohol on a clean cloth I wiped the inside of the keyboard and then put it back together.  Even after this thorough cleaning, I still have the same problem with the right shift key.  

After the two thorough cleanings, the first with air and the second with denatured alcohol, I still have the messed up right shift key.  Got to hold it down hard to get it to work.

I would really appreciate any ideas on what is going on with the keyboard.  It's a good keyboard and until now I have not had any problems with it at all.  Hoping someone has an idea or two because at this point in time, I can't afford to buy another keyboard.  To type this note, I had to borrow the keyboard from my wife's apple mac machine and she is going to want it back.

Well it worked till you touched it, so something about blowing it out or whatever you did must have cause this. I would suggest opening it up and seeing it something is damaged more carefully (maybe a solder joint that you can press hard to still make work). If you can't find out what is happening I'm most certainly also not going to from this end though.

I have opened the keyboard case several times in my hunt to figure out what's wrong.  My last attempt to "fix" the issue was my attempt to clean the inside using a clean cloth with some denatured alcohol and that didn't do it.  Like you said, it may be something similar to a bad solder joint.  Going to try again tomorrow after the sun comes up, it is now two a.m in the morning so it will have to wait.  Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.