Switch to RTX2060 on Asus fx505DV

So, I have this laptop (ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DV). It has a Ryzen 7 3750H with Vega 10 Graphics, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060, 1TB nvme SSD.

Everything is great. But the issue is. When I try to run any game. It just runs on the Vega graphics. I have tried re formatting the OS. Reinstalling the drivers. Configuring "Manage 3D settings" from NVIDIA control panel. Nothing effectively works. Whenever I run a game it just uses both of the graphics cards.

Well... There is another issue. When I go to the display adapters. It shows that my laptop display is connected to the Vega 10 graphics. I tried disabling it from device manager, but then what happens is the nvidia control panel does not open and it shows that it is using some basic display adapter. I tried reinstalling the nvidia driver at this stage but still no luck.

Also, I don't have any option in my BIOS to turn off the Vega graphics.

Anyone any suggestions?

1.jpg

2.jpg

The Vega iGPU is the display controller. The RTX card is a separate modeule that is connected through the iGPU. You can't only use the RTX card. It's not possible. Both are used because the Vega controls the display and the Nvidia GPU does number crunching. If you disable the Vega iGPU, the RTX 2060 won't be able to send data anywhere. This is how switchable graphics on laptops works to save power. Why are you trying to disable the iGPU anyway? If the game runs fine, why does it matter what card has what utilisation?

• 1 month later...

I think what OP is trying to say is he's running into an issue where when he fires up a game it isn't using the RTX 2060,ita only using the. Vega 10.He wants to use the dGPU and the game only recognizes the iGPU and if I was paying $1,000 for a laptop that promotes it can use an RTX 2060,id want to use the RTX 2060 over the Vega 10, I don't care if it's running fine or not