Dell studio xps 9100

Destinova

Howdy folks,  

I don't know if this is even an option but i figured if anyone could help it would you all.  I have a 5DN3X-A00 motherboard out of a Dell Studio XPS 9010  along with the power supply. It works really well but it is sprawled out all over my desk , so I really need a case for it. The only one I was able to find on eBay was $100 , and I was wondering if there was an aftermarket case which might be better with Cooling then the 9100 case that from what I've read was horrible for cooling. It's a core i7 970 which I know is not the best processor but I can't afford to spend money on any more Hardware and I will continue to use it sprawled out on my desk until I can afford to buy something to either put it in or something better to use. I'm a broke old Tech on disabilities so I don't mind the spaghetti all over my desk but it'd be nice to make a little neater LOL. I appreciate your help in advance

Edited by Destinova
Amazingly atrocious spelling errors

It looks like it is a standard ATX motherboard so most cases shoudl support is, although if it's the PC I am thinking of I don't thing the PSU is standard so finding another case might be a bit harder. But one sugestion is grabbing som MDF or plywood and screwing it to that so at least the PC is resting on something although this isn't an amazing idea either

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I had considered putting out of just the base.  the dilemma here is even my zip tie solution to hold the heatsink on the processor is not working out too well, it's still getting to 160 fahrenheit if I do anything with any intense processor activity. From what I've learned by exploring the setup, the actual cooler screws through the motherboard in the standoffs in the case. Therefore I think my only options from there is going to be a heatsink with fan that includes the a backplane so I can squeeze the goodies tight. Oh yes it is a proprietary power supply, cables are real short except for the SATA power connections. Maybe it's just time for me to come out of the Dark Ages of computing and save up for a decent machine LOL