Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tech_Dreamer

Youtube to Reduce Default Playback Resolution to 480p Globally

11 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

The main problem here is that nobody designs infrastructure to handle what they sell. Most of them oversell their capacity by a pretty huge margin. Otherwise a 150/15 connection couldnt possibly dip below 15 DL and unmeasurable UL.....

It makes no sense to have enough capacity for everyone to max out their connections at the same time. Are they supposed to stump up 10x for their infrastructure and spend 99.9% of the time underutilising it for that 0.1% of the time when they hit capacity? If so expect to pay significantly more for your services.

12 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

This is just yet another proof how cheapskate the companies running the internet really are. (and by internet i mean the infrastructure) If something cant handle the pressure upgrade it or replace it. There should be no 3rd option, especially not this where consumers get the short end of the stick. Imagine if Amazon or MS would say to their business customers that they wont get the computing power they are paying for because they cant provide it but still charge for it.....

I actually got an email from Microsoft the other day saying that they may cull some of our services if demand is needed for medical/emergency services/etc. but obviously you won’t be paying for that service while it’s offline.

51 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

It makes no sense to have enough capacity for everyone to max out their connections at the same time. Are they supposed to stump up 10x for their infrastructure and spend 99.9% of the time underutilising it for that 0.1% of the time when they hit capacity? If so expect to pay significantly more for your services.

Like expecting ppl to just grin and bear a totally crippled experience while paying the same amount of money for it is totally sensible..... 9_9  One more dip like this and my ISP will receive some not so nice complaint for not upholding the guarantied minimums.

54 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

obviously you won’t be paying for that service while it’s offline

But ppl do pay the same for 4k/fhd netflix/etc while getting crap quality.

Bandwidth crush will probably be the final nail in the coffin for Stadia

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

This is how the rich stay finessing.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB | Motherboard: ROG Strix B450-F gaming | RAM: G.Skill Aegis CL16 3000mhz 16GB 

Hard Drives: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, WD 1TB | Case: Rosewill T500 PRISM | PSU: PowerSpec 750W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular 

Monitors: Acer KG240 144Hz / Acer V203H 60hz

It says "AUTO 1080p" on mine, but I have trust issues it being 1080p after reading all this all over the interwebs.

19 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I mostly watch on my phone in portrait mode, 480p is probably fine. 😂

I can't even watch in 720 on my phone.

#resolutionsnob... well, not really, just my eyes work.

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It says "AUTO 1080p" on mine, but I have trust issues it being 1080p after reading all this all over the interwebs.

wont start until April according to the article interview with Youtube rep.