Status CB1 Headphones are Deteriorating - Looking for Replacement

Vyndorialan

I've had a pair of Status CB1s for about three years now and aside from an issue with the included coiled cable I've been perfectly happy with them until recently when the earcups started deteriorating. They're pretty much always just hooked up to my PC. I don't take them anywhere and just use them for gaming and watching videos on the side while working and for that they've been perfect. The reason I want to switch is that I've been less than satisfied with Status Audio's customer care. As I previously mentioned, I had an issue with the included coiled cable that came with the headphones. I contacted customer support and they had no replacements that I could purchase and the same appears to be true about their earcups.

What I'm looking for in a replacement is a pair of wired over-ear headphones that would be comfortable for large ears over the course of several-hour long sessions. My computer is in a secluded area so I don't need ANC or any features like that. Preferably, they would come from a company that offers replacement cables and earcups, but I would also be okay with a pair that is durable enough for that to not be a factor anyway. My budget is $100 - $150 but I'd be willing to go all the way up to $200 if they're worth it.

Akg k371 are pretty comfy over ears., Maybe a DT 770 250 ohms. Takstar pro 82 have pretty excellent comfort