Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeAsOn3

Is it a shame to own a low end PC?

7 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I am at school bro, 

I was referring to an employee that *resigned* today...

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

It's a dream to get 10mbps in India,(that's why stadia didn't get released in India)

man that sucks i get 10mbps average and im paying for gigabit speeds which im not getting

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

I was referring to an employee that *resigned* today...

Employment is a blyated issue in India @Donut Dan told me to I can get a job as a assistant in a computer shop, but the thing is O am from India and the society is judgemental.

Here people on the basis of income are divided into four group high class, upper middle class,lower middle class, low class. If a kid(in his school years) from lower class works in a shop or so, nobody will judge, but if if u are from a middle class and work in ur school years the society will judge and discriminate, and even laugh at you

You could call the PC in my sig low end compared to some but it’s the most powerful I have ever owned and plays all my games, even the modded ones at more than satisfactory visual fidelity.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Don’t ever feel bad for the computer you run. It’s paid for, and it’s yours. Yes you can get newer, much stronger setups, but yours was that setup at one time. I would love to have a new computer, but mine still works, and it’s pretty quick to me. I have upgraded components over the years, but before I built these rigs, I was buying something new as they came out. Old powerhouse rigs are a testament to their time. You can even give new rigs a run for their money in a few benchmarks. Don’t get too crazy though because they are new and you will get destroyed in other benchmarks 😄

i7 3770K @ 4700MHz 1.35v/Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT/TY-143/TF8
ASRock Z77 OC Formula|12GB G.Skill Mix @ 933MHz 9-10-9-28-2T 1.6v
EVGA GTX 980 Classified @ Stock |Intel 545S 256 x2 Striped + 3TB Spinning
CM Silent Pro M2 850|Fractal Define R4/5x 120x38, 1x 92x35, TY-147B|ZM-MFC2

* thread cleaned *

Please keep this on-topic.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

judging by the specs of your pc, i would say that you're doing better than me, i have an intel core duo, same ram as you, a very old LG monitor, the case, the mouse and the keyboard are from a company i never heard off and most def they don't exist anymore.

no need to concern your self if you belong to this PCMR crap, enjoy yourself cause thats what matter most, not what others think of your pc.

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, zakarioss said:

no need to concern your self if you belong to this PCMR crap, enjoy yourself cause thats what matter most, not what others think of your pc.

Yeah but the only issue is that I can't play the games I want

14 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Yeah but the only issue is that I can't play the games I want

you're not alone buddy, i too wish to play many games that have been available for years now but my financial status is the holding me back and 100% sure thats the same story with millions.

Feeling either same or pride for things you own will always be stupid. You can only take credit or criticism for what you do.

Would you be proud of owning a Ferrari? You had no part on how good or bad it is, just the money to buy it. You may be proud (or ashamed) of what you did (if anything) to earn that money, but being proud what you spent it on?

I used to think so, but now,  after a building multiple PC's i don't at all. You build to your personal needs, and the hardware you already have. If you monitor is 1080p 60hz then you only need a gpu and cpu capable of hitting 60 fps with High settings. Now a days i rarely play a game that even requires half of my gaming horsepower to run. Most high end PC's honestly end up being unnecessary overhead. Seriously. I bought into the 1440p 144 hz monitor craze, and i can barely tell a difference from my old IPS 1080p 60 hz monitor. lol. It's definitely not a $1000 difference (IMO) There is absolutely no shame in spending smart. 

On 3/26/2020 at 3:18 AM, scuff gang said:

*Laughs in phenom ii x4 9850*

Fr tho I still have a phenom ii system, in use with, get this *MOTHERBOARD INTEGRATED GRAPHICS*  (a gt650?) I'll have to look at the manual

The motherboard graphics shit the bed tho, so now I have an ultra speedy GT 710 just so I can load up windows.

For what it’s worth, the Phenom probably had better single-core performance.

Local dickhead and VHS collector. Voted Most Offensive and Most Idiotic 5 Years in a Row!

Volume / Normalized 100% / 100% (content loudness -0.1dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Of course not, only an idiot judges people based on what they can afford.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

giphy.gif

On a serious note, for years I owned shitty computers, so shitty that gaming was not even an option, it didn't run even browser games. If someone makes fun of you for owning low spec pc it's their problem, not yours. Learn to not give a fuck.Save up, I saved money for 5 years for my first decent pc. Takes patience, but it's worth it, you will value it much more.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, Tristerin said:

I am also 35, and have been doing this a lot longer than you.  Those are accumulated systems.  Keep it up and you two can own middle of the road equipment one day! :)

I LoLed at that one! Jeez.

PC 1: CPU: i7 8700@4.3 Ghz     GPU:gtx 1070@2050Mhz/4000Mhz     MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte H310m       RAM: DDR4 2666       POWERSUPPLY: Great Wall 650W  

SSD:SanDisk 120GB   HDD: Toshiba 1TB.         

KEYBOARD: Redragon Kumara 10keyless    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: Acer ED347CKR+ LG 25UM58  Speakers: Edifier R1280T+Polk psw505.

PC 2: CPU: r9 3900x     GPU:RTX 2070 super     MOTHERBOARD: Aorus x570 ultra      RAM: hyper-x 3200      POWERSUPPLY: evga 650g5 modular 

SSD: 1Tb silicon power PCIe Gen3        

KEYBOARD: Redragon VARA    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: AOC 27" + Dell 24" 1080p

Laptop: Thinkpad t450s i7 5600u/8gb/ 240gb.                        

Even if I had an i3 system with 8GB. I don't care. I can still play my PSX games just fine, watch youtube, netflix and more. 

Computers have their purpose. If someone has a shoebox with a processor in it and that does their job, then it is what works. Not everyone needs a ferrari and honestly, most people are perfectly okay with a toyota corola. 

Be sure to @Pickles - Lord of the Jar if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

I think the only requirement for the PCMR initiation is just to have a computer and game off of it. Not everyone can get the best hardware, but using what you have and extending its life will always be respectable. 

I'm not a gamer so there may be things I don't get. 

Is it so important to play the latest games? 

Things are going to be difficult for a while. Tuff titty if you can't upgrade right now. These things are not important. Revisit some old games. Get a dos box running and have a laugh at some early pc stuff. Or even better run a zx spectrum emulator and see what I had to suffer in the early 80's

I don‘t think so... I have a PC which has poor performance just like ResPi,it has Celeron J1900@1.99GHz CPU and Only 4 Gigabytes of RAM...WITH NO GPU!!!(or Intel core graphics is kind of?)

but I Could run Minecraft with ≈40fps (ps:which is really low but for me is very pretty) Through my efforts...

I didn't feel shame at all!

Actually,I feel proud of my self beacause I made this stuff "playable" (ps:kind of?)This PC costs my grandpa only 400¥(little lower than 60 USD).

Oh,it can even run Visual Studio Community 2019 and Complie simple C++ and C# code!

On 3/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

Okay *deep breaths(am I even supposed to type dat🤔)* . I am a teenage boy (from India) who did whatever he could to get into gaming (I mean high end PC gaming not playing GTA San Andreas in my current PC*which is the only gaming I do*). I did a lot of stuff , figuring out the cheapest build,posted a topic here about persuading my parents, etc. 

And you know what none of the way of persuading my parents worked .... Until I used my own (which is scoring good grades *imma genius lol*) and the Corona virus f@©k€∆ everything up......

AliExpress shipping were stopped, prices of PC parts on online stores keep increasing every 24 hour, and the PC store near my house has a few APUs and some a320 mobos and the sad thing is I can't even go there cuz their is a lockdown in the city (country actually) cuz of Covid 19,

SoOoOo(if u have read till here full then thnx but u didn't need to,u just now know about my sed lyf and why Covid 19 is a problem for gamers). As Linus once said

Is using this PC setup for gaming a shame? (or am I a member of PCMR?)

• CPU: core i3 3210 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: Intel hd 2500
  • RAM: 4gbx1 1333mhz
  • Mobo: some random h61 Mobo by a brand called Mercury
  • Storage-120 gb ssd and a 500gb hdd
  • PSU: some random non certified 250 watt smps by iball
  • Case: a $10 case from a brand called zebion
  • A cheap Logitech keyboard
  • A cheap mouse from a brand named lapcare
  • A 1333x768 monitor from AOC

I have much respect for it, and I played some games like

• NFS most wanted (2005)-the first game I played on it.
  • GTA 3,Vice City,San Andreas.
  • Burnout Paradise (2008)
  • NFS hot pursuit(2010),most wanted(2012)- even tho some guys here told me it won't run but they ran at the lowest resolution and at playable fps
  • Untitled goose game
  • PUBG and COD mobile(using tencent gaming buddy)
  • Meteorite 60 seconds.
  • Etc

NO IT'S NOT, i have used for a long time an intel nuc, with a celeron N3050, that's comparable to a pentium 4!

Be happy with what you have, having a desktop is great, you will be able to upgrade to a 3770 for around 60$ in the future, the thing i'd suddest is upgrade your graphics card, you can buy a used gpu for pretty cheap. fun fact before my 1660 i had paired with my 8600k a GT 710 and then an HD 5870...

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro, Manjaro

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Laptop [A hunk of shit]:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

*looking at my current newly build PC*

Nah, your PC is good enough. 👍

Old PC:

Spoiler

CPU:AMD A4-3400|Motherboard:Asus F1A55-M LE R2.0|Memory:G.Skill NS and  Kingston(combo) 4GB DDR3-1333|Storage 1:WD Caviar Black 640GB HDD|Storage 2:WD Black 1TB HDD|Case:Foxconn TS-001|OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit)

New PC:

Spoiler

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor |Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 |Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)  DDR4-3200 |Storage:Silicon Power A55 512 GB SSD|Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L |Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit)

I think now is the time for retro gaming to shine. There's tons and tons of classic games that never stopped being good and play well on old systems/low spec systems like yours.

I was planning on building a new computer this year myself, but with the COVID-19 stuff going on and the prices getting jacked up I've decided to built a "retro" PC instead based on hardware and clones of hardware from the 1990s to play games like Half-Life, Quake, Monkey Island, Descent, Warcraft and a ton of other older games with as little DOS emulation as possible.