need help with a dual boot setup first time pc builder

Hey guys just built my first pc. my system has ryzen 3 2200g with integrated radeon graphics asus a320i-k prime itx motherboard 16GB cosair vengence DDR4 ram timings set to 15-15-15-36. m.2 nvme 256GB(will update storage in future) silver stone 500W 80+Gold.

PC is mainly for gaming but i will throw in other work loads like CAD projects or streaming.

I have partitioned my m.2 for 30gb for windows 10 and 32gb for linux with the rest to be shared access between the two OS.... at least that was the plan.

I have windows 10 successfully on its portion. but i am having trouble figuring out how to get ubuntu onto its portion of the m.2.

ive been reading up on how do dual boot but its over my head. would appreciate any advise or guide to help me get this done. 

have partitioned my m.2 for 30gb for windows 10 and 32gb for linux with the rest to be shared access between the two OS

IMO this is totally pointless as you soon run out of space for Windows. 

I would recommend installing Windows and Linux to separate drives.

30Gb means you really do need to do tricks with Windows. Like symbolic links and other stuff to revert everything non-core to other drives.

As for your question, you install Ubuntu just like you did with Windows. But since Linux uses different file system, you need to reformat that partition. Dual booting part comes with boot manager which gives you selection about OS on each boot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

yeah i figured out last night while doing more reading up on "how to dos" that i would need more space for both so i redid the partions so each has around 100gb. my original problem was that i did not know how to make a live usb. that took me 4 hours. now its figuring out gnu grub ver. 2.02

apparently the ubuntu game pack edition i selected does not auto load into the simple interface i was expecting. i am not a coder to be clear and command line prompt is not easy for me. i understand others grasp it very well.

19 hours ago, ADMIRAL Slintak said:

yeah i figured out last night while doing more reading up on "how to dos" that i would need more space for both so i redid the partions so each has around 100gb. my original problem was that i did not know how to make a live usb. that took me 4 hours. now its figuring out gnu grub ver. 2.02

apparently the ubuntu game pack edition i selected does not auto load into the simple interface i was expecting. i am not a coder to be clear and command line prompt is not easy for me. i understand others grasp it very well.

You don't need to be coder to use command line. You need patience, reading (and understanding) skills, time to spend on Google and reading forum replies etc. Almost any Linux issue can be solved via Google. There are things you can't easily solve if you aren't developer (mainly driver issues).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv