Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TacosBurritos

CX550 faulty? PC went crazy moments ago

Posted · Original PosterOP

(my english is very bad sorry) Well i bought CX550 and GTX 1650 Super but couldn't install the new hardware till last week, everything was running fine, no problems whatsoever BUT 10 MIN AGO...

I was just watching facebook, steam and dota2 minimized, some other tabs with news bout damn coronavirus and suddenly POOOOF!!! screen goes black, no monitor signal, some fans spinning very fast (dunno which one, if gpu fans, case fans or cpu fan) i was freaking out and pushed the power button to shutdown the computer asap, then ac power regulator, i waited like 2 minutes and pressed power button (while praying lol) and PC started with no issues so far, like nothing happened.

BUT... WHATS GOING ON??? omg this never happened before with my old 750 ti and outdated antec 520w high current gamer (working for 9 years with no problems) i hope it was some kind of CX550 protection like overvoltage, overtemperature or something like that kicking in coz idamn with this corona !"#!@ bug around its gonna be hard to replace either cx550 or gtx 1650 super.

What do you think? what could cause this no signal/black screen and fans spinning very fast and loud? 

Whats your temps like while under load, and at idle

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

Below 50°c (ryzen 3 1300x potato cpu) package always below 45°c with hyper 212 evo.
GTX 1650 Super maybe at 45°c or bit more, right now im rendering a picture from 3d model in blender (1k samples high quality) and temp increased to 49°c been like that for 3 minutes.

Damn im worried something is broken or about to explode, what kind of malfunction can cause this problem? the no signal/black screen with fans spinning very fast.

Ryzen 1300x (rendering with blender) 36°c
GTX 1650 Super (GPU rendering 49°c)

ima try with Smite again, btw i dunno why i said dota2, i WAS downloading dota 2 update BUT Smite was running in the background and i was surfing facebook when the crash happened.

2 hours ago, TacosBurritos said:

What do you think? what could cause this no signal/black screen and fans spinning very fast and loud? 

I think this has nothing to do with the power supply.

9 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

I think this has nothing to do with the power supply.

Hmm then GPU issue? this is very weird and i have no clue, im playing Smite right now (35 min so far) and gpu temp at 51°c (Hwmonitor most recent version) maxed out 1080p, and chrome with 3 tabs plus steam.
BTW i disassembled everything 4 days ago to clean with compressed air, what about faulty unstable nvidia drivers? gonna google now and check anything related to my current driver 441.41 thx guys!

This seems like your GPU crashed. Could be because of too high overclock or even too high manufacturer applied overclock. Could be even a unstable driver. I wouldn't worry unless it starts happening too often. This has happened to me sometimes also while trying higher overclocks on my GPU.

8 hours ago, TacosBurritos said:

screen goes black, no monitor signal, some fans spinning very fast

system still has power. it would appear its not PSU related at all. 

10 hours ago, TacosBurritos said:

and suddenly POOOOF!!!

Was there actual 'POOF' or it's just a way of speech ? If no this likely doesn't have anything to do with PSU. Sounds more like RAM instability.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply