3900x + x62 AIO high idle temperatures?

Go to solution Solved by KWelz,

I have the same CPU and Mobo.  Running a Kraken Z63 which is pretty much the same performance wise.   

My Idle temps are in the mid 40s to low 50s.   Although at times it will drop under 40.   I even went so far as to lap the IHS.  

I just posted about this yesterday and was pretty much told it is normal.  

Hello I seem to have an issue with my temperatures on my 3900x,

I was told my idle temperatures seem a bit too high with an aio cooler on my 3900x ?

I idle around 40-50°C and sometimes spike to 60-65°C for a second or two resulting in my maximum hitting 65 on HWInfo64 but it averages around 50.

image.png.0cbcf980b06c539e2159b4a53aac5f11.png

I was told to stress test my CPU by using prime95 and 5 mins in I had an average of 75 °C   

Maximum was 80 °, after 20 minutes it reached the 95°then I just stopped the test

I tried reapplying the thermal paste but that didnt help is this normal?

My build is 

2 hours ago, JasperNuijten said:

How is the contact of the block with the ihs?

It spreaded the thermal paste correctly, I made sure to check the first time by lifting it and seeing if that was the issue but it was evenly spreaded, so I just reapplied a pea size to a bit more amount of thermal paste for my 3900x

After these pictures I, added a very tiny amount more to the center and spreaded it evenly

20200323_234146.jpg20200323_234200.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Pump and fan speeds?

I'm running it as normal just bought the aio cooler and opened it straight from the box and just installed everything so I'm guessing default? NZXT x62 AIO

13 hours ago, PcNewbieCA said:

I idle around 40-50°C and sometimes spike to 60-65°C for a second or two resulting in my maximum hitting 65 on HWInfo64 but it averages around 50.

The idle temperature ranges are fairy normal, but the peak temperature spikes seem slightly high while idle. Have you tried removing the front panel from the case to see if there were any change in temperatures. I'm assuming the radiator is mounted at the front of the case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

8 hours ago, alyen said:

The idle temperature ranges are fairy normal, but the peak temperature spikes seem slightly high while idle. Have you tried removing the front panel from the case to see if there were any change in temperatures. I'm assuming the radiator is mounted at the front of the case.

Yes my radiator is mounted  on the front of my nzxt h500 case, with the fans in between the radiator and mounting device that comes with the nzxt h500 as an intake fan, but I have not tried removing the front panel , how do you do that ?

20 minutes ago, PcNewbieCA said:

Yes my radiator is mounted  on the front of my nzxt h500 case, with the fans in between the radiator and mounting device that comes with the nzxt h500 as an intake fan, but I have not tried removing the front panel , how do you do that ?

I'm not sure how since I'm not familiar with the case, but the front seems to restrict airflow since it pulls air through the sides.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

50 minutes ago, alyen said:

I'm not sure how since I'm not familiar with the case, but the front seems to restrict airflow since it pulls air through the sides.

Doesn't seem like I can remove the front panel, it pulls air from the side and bottom , case has filters below and on the side :(

Just a quick bump, 

is there anyone else who has a 3900x with an AIO cooler similar to the x62 NZXT ?

What are your temperatures around?

I tried my best , I wired everything almost perfectly in organization and cable management and to have as much air flow as possible but its still sitting in the 50s and sometimes spiking from 45s-70s but averaging at 50s. 

I even  reapplied the AIO it self and screwed it from opposite corners to get equal surface and to screw it in tight as possible its still the same thing

I have the same CPU and Mobo.  Running a Kraken Z63 which is pretty much the same performance wise.   

My Idle temps are in the mid 40s to low 50s.   Although at times it will drop under 40.   I even went so far as to lap the IHS.  

I just posted about this yesterday and was pretty much told it is normal.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this same issue with a thermal take 360 aio and still super high temps. Mobo gigabyte x470 gaming 7 wifi with latest bios. I went into the bios and changed the load line calibration down to normal from auto. This brought my voltages and temps down significantly as everything was set to auto besides the ram out the box xmp profile.