Will this switch run FreeSync or G-sync?

ftahir192

I'm looking to buy a KVM switch for my work from home setup so that I can share my 2 monitors, keyboard, mouse and headset between my PC and work laptop. 

I'm currently looking at this one: https://buytesmart.com/products/dual-monitor-2-port-kvm-hdmi-displayport-4k-60hz-uhd-audio-output-usb-sharing-4x2 (being released mid April apparently). They currently have a HDMI and VGA one for half the price but this one offers HDMI and DisplayPort input/output.

The HDMI ports are specced at HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort is 1.2. 

In the next few months I'll be looking to build a new rig but amn't sure whether I'll go for an Nvidia graphics card or an AMD graphics card, but I'd like a G-sync/freesync monitor (1440p at 144hz) depending on whichever one I go for. I know G-sync only works through displayport and freesync works on either.

My question is will this switch allow me to utilise G-sync through its DP 1.2 port? I'm trying to essentially buy a KVM switch that will be future proof for my upcoming build in the next few months. I've read some things stating that "some 1.2a ports may also support AMD's FreeSync" (https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/117669/hdmi-vs-displayport-which-should-i-use-for-my-pc-monitor) but unsure if the same goes for G-sync. If this is just a FreeSync requirement then I can always use the HDMI 2.0 port right?

FWIW there's also a HDMI+HDMI version only (no displayport), but I figured displayport would be the most safe if I choose G-sync, it's just the version that's throwing me off.

Thanks.

tl;dr: Is DisplayPort 1.2 fine for running G-sync/FreeSync (1440p 144hz), and if not, is HDMI 2.0 fine for running it?

If I'm not mistaken display port is DP regardless of where it comes from so if you go from a GPU into a KVM as long as the KVM isn't remaking the signal and is just routing it to an output it should work fine. Idk about HDMI tho. Min requirement for gsync is 900 series I think.

19 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Synergy?

Work laptop so can't install software, has to be a hardware switch. Synergy also doesn't allow me to share my screens.