DIY Switch for Filthy Pirates

AlexTheGreatish

If you want to play retro games on the go, the Creoqode Lyra looks like a good option. But does it hold up to the Kickstarters claims?

Check out the Lyra: https://www.creoqode.com/lyra

Buy a cheap emulator

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/yJrsYJ1

On Newegg: https://geni.us/fBsod

Switch in TI 83 calculator stealth build, when?

Just kidding. Thanks for the video, I love it when Alex shows up, and watching Linus struggle with tiny builds is strangely amusing. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

$250 is absolutely ludicrous. If you have a 3D printer and some patience, you can build your own for under $50.

At this price point I'd expect good build quality, either a higher-res or OLED display, dual speakers, and maybe more powerful hardware. $250 for what is basically a glorified Raspberry Pi and a screen is a big "fuck you" to everyone who buys that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Anyone else bothered by how shaky this video is, and the frequent tilting? I don't think the aspect ratio helps either.

Hey you should check out this one (Retrostone 2) aswell:
https://www.8bcraft.com/

it doesn't have a switch layout but is built very well, also there's a pro version with a joystick.

This shouldn't cost as much as an actual switch imo 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I just made a account on LTT forum for this. You had to see this. There are these two model that are android based. One is the NOGA Pocky 5000 ( the more PSP like one ) and the other one is the NOGA Pocky 6000. I dont know if you guys over there know about the NOGA branding since its a low cost thing over here in Argentina.

Sin título.png

532913_1.jpg

There was a DIY project posted 4 years ago where somebody converted an old Game Boy into a retro console. This one was pretty janky but the community improved this a ton over the years by designing custom circuit boards and so on. The project is called Game Boy zero. You can find the original post here.

Screenshot 2016-06-27 00.18.02

$270 USD for that, yikes.

You could do something similar with a RetroFlag GPi Case, RetroGameRestore's GPiMate adapter (which lets you replace the original Pi Zero cartridge with a Compute Module 3+) and a CM3+ Lite. Granted, the battery situation wouldn't be perfect since you would either have to use the three AA batteries or go for a custom solution, but it looks much cooler.

$70 for the case, $37 for a CM3+ Lite, $10 for a 64GB microSD card and $45 for the cartridge adapter shipped to the US. Pi stuff is fun, but it's usually expensive. ~$170 is still better than $270 for the Lyra, but that's still Switch Lite territory.

EJkmloHUEAE2OjD?format=jpg&name=medium

ETAPrime's video:

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)