Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexTheGreatish

DIY Switch for Filthy Pirates

Posted · Original PosterOP

If you want to play retro games on the go, the Creoqode Lyra looks like a good option. But does it hold up to the Kickstarters claims?

Check out the Lyra: https://www.creoqode.com/lyra

Buy a cheap emulator

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/yJrsYJ1

On Newegg: https://geni.us/fBsod

Switch in TI 83 calculator stealth build, when?

Just kidding. Thanks for the video, I love it when Alex shows up, and watching Linus struggle with tiny builds is strangely amusing. 😁

正直に生きる

$250 is absolutely ludicrous. If you have a 3D printer and some patience, you can build your own for under $50.

At this price point I'd expect good build quality, either a higher-res or OLED display, dual speakers, and maybe more powerful hardware. $250 for what is basically a glorified Raspberry Pi and a screen is a big "fuck you" to everyone who buys that.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

This shouldn't cost as much as an actual switch imo 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I just made a account on LTT forum for this. You had to see this. There are these two model that are android based. One is the NOGA Pocky 5000 ( the more PSP like one ) and the other one is the NOGA Pocky 6000. I dont know if you guys over there know about the NOGA branding since its a low cost thing over here in Argentina.

Sin título.png

532913_1.jpg

There was a DIY project posted 4 years ago where somebody converted an old Game Boy into a retro console. This one was pretty janky but the community improved this a ton over the years by designing custom circuit boards and so on. The project is called Game Boy zero. You can find the original post here.

Screenshot 2016-06-27 00.18.02

$270 USD for that, yikes.

You could do something similar with a RetroFlag GPi Case, RetroGameRestore's GPiMate adapter (which lets you replace the original Pi Zero cartridge with a Compute Module 3+) and a CM3+ Lite. Granted, the battery situation wouldn't be perfect since you would either have to use the three AA batteries or go for a custom solution, but it looks much cooler.

$70 for the case, $37 for a CM3+ Lite, $10 for a 64GB microSD card and $45 for the cartridge adapter shipped to the US. Pi stuff is fun, but it's usually expensive. ~$170 is still better than $270 for the Lyra, but that's still Switch Lite territory.

EJkmloHUEAE2OjD?format=jpg&name=medium

ETAPrime's video:

The Desktops

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x1TB HDD | GPU: GTX 1080 Strix O8G | Cooling: 2x240mm AIO + NZXT Kraken G12 | Case: Cooler Master NR600 | PSU: EVGA GS 550W

Secondary Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 | Motherboard: ASUS Z270E Strix | Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 + 1.2TB Fusion ioDrive2 SSD (Windows) | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black (2x EK Vardar Furious 3000) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | PSU: Corsair CX550M

Hooptie: CPU: Intel Xeon E5645 | RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-Premium | Storage: 240GB SanDisk SSD + 500GB HDD | GPU: GTX 970 Strix | Cooling: Reeven Ouranos | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 720W

Oculus Rift CV1: 2x Sensors

The Portables

MacBook Pro (Early 2015, A1502) 13": CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1867 | Storage: 256GB SM0256G SSD | GPU: Intel Iris 6100

Nintendo Switch (Gray, HAC-001) | iPhone XS Max 64GB (Space Grey) | Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) | AirPods (2nd Generation)