Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MePengusta

Should i upgrade my iPhone 6S or do a battery replacement ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have been using my iPhone 6S since November 2015.I have been pretty happy with it except the battery.It is so bad in the last 1 year or more.My battery was %100 an hour ago and now it's %32 (I browsed internet , checked instagram,facebook , texted some messages from whatsapp).I thought of upgrading to XR (which fits my budget) but i also thought should i just change my battery ?Would changing my battery be enough or should i just pull the trigger on XR.What's your opinion ?

Agree, if you're fine with everything except the battery life, change the battery. In IOS I have to say that performance is less noticeable IMO, than in Android devices... at least that's my experience from occasional use of my brothers and sisters phones ranging from 5 series up to 11, doesn't seem much difference to me.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, MePengusta said:

I have been using my iPhone 6S since November 2015.I have been pretty happy with it except the battery.It is so bad in the last 1 year or more.My battery was %100 an hour ago and now it's %32 (I browsed internet , checked instagram,facebook , texted some messages from whatsapp).I thought of upgrading to XR (which fits my budget) but i also thought should i just change my battery ?Would changing my battery be enough or should i just pull the trigger on XR.What's your opinion ?

Would consider the 11 if you can afford it, better camera, processor etc. But the XR has a good 4 years left of support. Wouldn't bother with the 6S now, it's on its last legs and the last OS it is expected get. Might get iOS 14 but not something you should bet on. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Would consider the 11 if you can afford it, better camera, processor etc. But the XR has a good 4 years left of support. Wouldn't bother with the 6S now, it's on its last legs and the last OS it is expected get. Might get iOS 14 but not something you should bet on. 

I considered 11 at first, but i'm mostly looking for battery life and XR's battery life is nearly equal to 11 and 11 is 185 $ more expensive in my country and that is pretty high when converted to local currency.So i don't think 11 is worth paying 185 $ more.

18 minutes ago, MePengusta said:

I considered 11 at first, but i'm mostly looking for battery life and XR's battery life is nearly equal to 11 and 11 is 185 $ more expensive in my country and that is pretty high when converted to local currency.So i don't think 11 is worth paying 185 $ more.

Has a more efficient processor though 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

If the current phone does what you want fine, then a battery replacement will do. The xr would be a pretty good upgrade though.

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

I went from a 7 to an XS Max 256 last month or so. Solid upgrade. Even more so since it was a certified preowned from my carrier that I got for half of the retail price. It was a brand new phone. I wouldn’t buy an XR or an 11. Sure each has their pros and cons, but neither has a 1080p screen.

3770K @ 4600 1.315v|Le Grand Macho RT/TY-143|Asus P8Z77-V|8GB G.Skill Mix @ 1066 9-9-9-24 2T 1.65v|Intel 545S @ Raid 0|EVGA GTX 980 Classified @ 1500/2001|CM Silent Pro M2 850|FD Meshify C TG

If you're happy with the 6s just replace the battery.

The Xr would be a massive upgrade though, I bought one for my sister who previously had a 7 and it blew her mind how much of an upgrade it was.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RMx750 / Storage - 500gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - Razer Ornata / Mouse - Razer Naga Trinity / Headphones - HyperX Cloud 2 (PC) Sony WF1000XM3 (Phone) / Speakers - Logitech Z337 / Phone - iPhone 11 Pro Max