Should i upgrade my iPhone 6S or do a battery replacement ?

MePengusta

I have been using my iPhone 6S since November 2015.I have been pretty happy with it except the battery.It is so bad in the last 1 year or more.My battery was %100 an hour ago and now it's %32 (I browsed internet , checked instagram,facebook , texted some messages from whatsapp).I thought of upgrading to XR (which fits my budget) but i also thought should i just change my battery ?Would changing my battery be enough or should i just pull the trigger on XR.What's your opinion ?

I have xr 100% satisfied I even get solid 60fps on fortnite it’s like a PS4 in your hands

Do you like the 6s performance? If you do, just change the battery.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Agree, if you're fine with everything except the battery life, change the battery. In IOS I have to say that performance is less noticeable IMO, than in Android devices... at least that's my experience from occasional use of my brothers and sisters phones ranging from 5 series up to 11, doesn't seem much difference to me.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, MePengusta said:

I have been using my iPhone 6S since November 2015.I have been pretty happy with it except the battery.It is so bad in the last 1 year or more.My battery was %100 an hour ago and now it's %32 (I browsed internet , checked instagram,facebook , texted some messages from whatsapp).I thought of upgrading to XR (which fits my budget) but i also thought should i just change my battery ?Would changing my battery be enough or should i just pull the trigger on XR.What's your opinion ?

Would consider the 11 if you can afford it, better camera, processor etc. But the XR has a good 4 years left of support. Wouldn't bother with the 6S now, it's on its last legs and the last OS it is expected get. Might get iOS 14 but not something you should bet on. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Would consider the 11 if you can afford it, better camera, processor etc. But the XR has a good 4 years left of support. Wouldn't bother with the 6S now, it's on its last legs and the last OS it is expected get. Might get iOS 14 but not something you should bet on. 

I considered 11 at first, but i'm mostly looking for battery life and XR's battery life is nearly equal to 11 and 11 is 185 $ more expensive in my country and that is pretty high when converted to local currency.So i don't think 11 is worth paying 185 $ more.

18 minutes ago, MePengusta said:

I considered 11 at first, but i'm mostly looking for battery life and XR's battery life is nearly equal to 11 and 11 is 185 $ more expensive in my country and that is pretty high when converted to local currency.So i don't think 11 is worth paying 185 $ more.

Has a more efficient processor though 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

If the current phone does what you want fine, then a battery replacement will do. The xr would be a pretty good upgrade though.

I went from a 7 to an XS Max 256 last month or so. Solid upgrade. Even more so since it was a certified preowned from my carrier that I got for half of the retail price. It was a brand new phone. I wouldn’t buy an XR or an 11. Sure each has their pros and cons, but neither has a 1080p screen.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

@MePengusta Replacing an iPhone battery is so fast and cheap at a local phone repair shop. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

If you're happy with the 6s just replace the battery.

The Xr would be a massive upgrade though, I bought one for my sister who previously had a 7 and it blew her mind how much of an upgrade it was.