5700XT worse then my 10603gb

MyFaceIsAMoon

Got a 5700 XT worse then my 1060 3GB?

**Computer Type:** Computer

**GPU:**  GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD

**CPU:** i7-6700

**Motherboard:** ASROCK B150M Pro 4

**RAM:Not sure about model number. 1 stick of 16Gb ddr4 and a 8gb stick of ddr4**

**PSU:** Cooler Master MPY-6501-ACAAG Gold 650w

**Operating System & Version:** Windows 10

**GPU Drivers:**  Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1

**Background Applications: Eh Games such as league and overwatch csgo MW**

**Description of Original Problem:** Can’t get a constant 144 hz in any game. It’s never working hard it just stays below in utilisation

**Troubleshooting:** Reinstalled drivers multiple times, full fresh install of windows 10 

Here is an example  in the witcher and the temps ECT [https://imgur.com/a/QPafH7y](https://imgur.com/a/QPafH7y)

link to reddit post if it helps 

Edited by MyFaceIsAMoon
More info bb

Is this a 144hz monitor?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I understand that this wasn't an issue with your old 1060? I would also recommend to uninstall the drivers with ddu if you haven't already. Another thing to look out for is temps other than your gpu core temp with something like MSI Afterburner or GPUZ you can also see VRM and memory chip temperatur. For I while I had the problem that the memory chips of my watercooled 5700 overheated and caused to throttle the card. Maybe give that a shot

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

Just now, Domifi said:

I understand that this wasn't an issue with your old 1060? I would also recommend to uninstall the drivers with ddu if you haven't already. Another thing to look out for is temps other than your gpu core temp with something like MSI Afterburner or GPUZ you can also see VRM and memory chip temperatur. For I while I had the problem that the memory chips of my watercooled 5700 overheated and caused to throttle the card. Maybe give that a shot

Nothing is over heating it just keeps underclocking idk man I’m at a loss I’ve even done a full fresh install of Windows I’ve done so many things 

22 minutes ago, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

**RAM:Not sure about model number. 1 stick of 16Gb ddr4 and a 8gb stick of ddr4**

**Description of Original Problem:** Can’t get a constant 144 hz in any game. It’s never working hard it just stays below in utilisation

**Troubleshooting:** Reinstalled drivers multiple times, full fresh install of windows 10 

Here is an example  in the witcher and the temps ECT [https://imgur.com/a/QPafH7y](https://imgur.com/a/QPafH7y)

Where to start...?

Okay, first off what are you using to measure the refresh rate? In addition are you happy that whatever you're using to monitor the refresh rate is correct?

Second, what refresh rate are you seeing on the windows desktop at idle?

Lastly for now could there be a compatibility issue between your monitor and new GPU? What exact model of monitor is it and what cable are you using?

Sorry then, I can't really think of anything else

I've had VERY bad experience when switching from GeForce to Radeon without doing proper driver cleaning or just straight up whole OS reinstall. Don't want to start conspiracy theories but it felt like NVIDIA is doing something on purpose.

I was going to get one to replace my gtx 1070 ti .Maybe I should wait . How old is your power supply ? 

14 minutes ago, Cougar-FYC- said:

I was going to get one to replace my gtx 1070 ti .Maybe I should wait . How old is your power supply ? 

Man just go with a RTX card in my experience I feel like there more supported. Brand new power supply brought it for the 5700 XT haha. I’m so sad 

24 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Where to start...?

Okay, first off what are you using to measure the refresh rate? In addition are you happy that whatever you're using to monitor the refresh rate is correct?

Second, what refresh rate are you seeing on the windows desktop at idle?

Lastly for now could there be a compatibility issue between your monitor and new GPU? What exact model of monitor is it and what cable are you using?

Using a display cable. The monitor is free sync supported. An AOC C27G1. I’ve used many different things to monitor the FPS and GPU Utilisation. 

3 minutes ago, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

Using a display cable. The monitor is free sync supported. An AOC C27G1. I’ve used many different things to monitor the FPS and GPU Utilisation. 

What about Benchmarks? Can you hit 144p+ and 144hz in any of those?

If I do a stress test and bench mark through different programs it makes it it easily above that 

1 hour ago, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

Are the newest drivers installed? If not, then there you go.  Also that may bottleneck your system the combination

20 minutes ago, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

If I do a stress test and bench mark through different programs it makes it it easily above that 

Oh... do you have High Performance power plan enabled in Windows settings? If not enable that and retry.

Also set the graphics profile to gaming in the Radeon software and try doing the auto overclock in the Radeon software performance tuning.

15 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Oh... do you have High Performance power plan enabled in Windows settings? If not enable that and retry.

Also set the graphics profile to gaming in the Radeon software and try doing the auto overclock in the Radeon software performance tuning.

Yeah done all that nothing still 

23 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Are the newest drivers installed? If not, then there you go.  Also that may bottleneck your system the combination

Reckon an i7 6700 is a bottle neck ?

Just now, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

Reckon an i7 6700 is a bottle neck ?

1060 3gb is a long jump from 5700 xt so maybe look at a bottleneck calculator on google

1 minute ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Does your monitor have free sync? Gsync?

Nvm I saw it had freesync but doublecheck to see if it’s working

22 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

1060 3gb is a long jump from 5700 xt so maybe look at a bottleneck calculator on google

Never use a bottleneck calculator, they're useless.

@MyFaceIsAMoon you should try a fresh install of the drivers once again, try an older version of the drivers instead. Use this to clean the current drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Never use a bottleneck calculator, they're useless.

@MyFaceIsAMoon you should try a fresh install of the drivers once again, try an older version of the drivers instead. Use this to clean the current drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Aight what version do you recommend 

What resolutions are you playing and at what settings? I see 57 FPS which depending on the settings might be normal.

29 minutes ago, MyFaceIsAMoon said:

Aight what version do you recommend 

There shouldn't be a difference

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 3/24/2020 at 1:26 PM, Fasauceome said:

There shouldn't be a difference

Didn’t change anything I’ve gone back to my 1060 because it’s better trying to just sell the card