Is there a build guide for a water chiller like the one Linus Built?

I was curious if there is a build guide somewhere on the internet for building something similar to the "chillerator" that Linus has used in a few overclocking videos. I want to put together something like that for a few PCs I'm going to loop together to keep things cool without buying as many fans, radiators, pumps, and reservoirs for each individual PC.

the one that linus uses from time to time is the guts of an old ac.

but is going to be cheaper, less complex and more reliable to just set up individual waterloops and just install an aircondition inthe room.

13 hours ago, SugoiShades said:

I was curious if there is a build guide somewhere on the internet for building something similar to the "chillerator" that Linus has used in a few overclocking videos. I want to put together something like that for a few PCs I'm going to loop together to keep things cool without buying as many fans, radiators, pumps, and reservoirs for each individual PC.

Not an up to date one . or one easily accessible that i know if.

but its a rather easy process if u go the AC route.

1) Find an older model R22 refrigerant Box/Window AC (easy to find in the US, near impossible in the UK)

2) Remove the caseing and cold side fan.

3) CLEAN IT thoroughly

4) Get a coolbox that can fit the evaporater inside it.

5) Modify the coolbox to accept the evap and the pipeing, and add fittings for the loop.

6) Bypass the thermocouple / place it on the condenser.

At that point ur then left to deal with the loop , and testing.

if u want to see someone go HAM with such a build here is a link to an old buildlog.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/133-phase-change/1517671-window-ac-cooler-chillbox.html

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

16 hours ago, SugoiShades said:

Literally buy a water chiller / aquarium chiller.  It's the same thing except built to carry water to begin with.

Linus is doing it in a "make video content" way, not an "do this intelligently" way.

Also, unless you're going deeply subambient...like LN2 levels of subambient...there's no benefit to being cold.  Silicon hits a speed wall and you're done regardless of it being 80C vs. 50C under load.  You just get a fuckload of problems around condensation.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)