Here's How YOU Can Help Find a Cure for COVID-19!

jakkuh_t
1 hour ago, Laura Lawson said:

Is there anything particular that you need to do with the 5700xt to improve performance. I am going to set it up on my sim rig computer that has a 2070 super in it but this machine i am on runs a 5700 xt and noticed many are discussing team green cards

Yes, you need to take it out of the computer and put a real card in there no I'm just kidding sorry no idea........ :3

After all the issues this card has caused me I would agree. At the moment it runs my games maxed out so all good. May have to set up the FAH in my 5820 machine. Have a spare 970 and 980 around

1 hour ago, TheSatanicTemple said:

Question: if I have "I support research fighting:" set to "Any disease", is this correct? I see no option for COVID19.

This is correct. Select Any Disease.
They are prioritising Covid-19 projects at the moment so there's a good chance you will get a project related to that. Though, there are projects related to alzheimers, cancer, etc that are still important. If you do get one that isn't related to Covid-19 then still work it as it will help fight the next battle.

1 hour ago, Laura Lawson said:

Is there anything particular that you need to do with the 5700xt to improve performance. I am going to set it up on my sim rig computer that has a 2070 super in it but this machine i am on runs a 5700 xt and noticed many are discussing team green cards

Use the latest AMD drivers and you should be fine. Just set it up as you normally would if it were an Nvidia card.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Laura Lawson said:

After all the issues this card has caused me I would agree. At the moment it runs my games maxed out so all good. May have to set up the FAH in my 5820 machine. Have a spare 970 and 980 around

Well, it's quite better than my RX 580 and it's a pretty decent GPU. AMD GPU's don't typically last me longer than 2 years with relatively low usage so I can relate to you there. Not sure if it's an AMD thing or what, all I know is my GTS 450 still works after 9 years.

I told my folks ahead of time I'll pay extra this month for the electric bill. At least we don't need the heater. :ph34r:

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

28 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I told my folks ahead of time I'll pay extra this month for the electric bill. At least we don't need the heater. :ph34r:

I've been using BOINC for 3 months now. It's $30 a month in electricity alone, but I feel good because I always know that I'm extremely charitable. One day I might also find a new prime number, or solve a disease, using my processing power. That's priceless.

Be careful folks: There is a 7+ year known problem where the uninstall will delete the ENTIRE install folder. This is a HUGE, KNOWN issue that they have refused to fix for YEARS. DO NOT USE, or at least use at your own risk... https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23506

I was uninstalling FAH to test an issue (it triggers Epic Games anti-cheat security measures) and it ended up deleting my entire system utilities folder. I had to spend all of yesterday restoring from backup. 

On 3/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, jakkuh_t said:

We show you how you can setup Folding@Home, a distributed computation project that allows you to donate your computer's processing power to help model protein dynamics to combat diseases like Parkinsons, Cancer, Huntingtons, and most importantly, COVID-19.

LTT Folding Team's Event Info: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1164541-ltt-folding-teams-emergency-response-to-covid-19/

LTT Folding Team Number: 223518

Get a Folding@Home Passkey: https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

My computer just sitting there and took a damn long time to find a new project (It is saying that waiting for assignment and atempting times, like 15). Could someone helps me to fix this? I want my computer fired up and run at 100% usage anytime when I saw it. I really want to use my computer on something good other than playing games. PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Thank you.

my PC is a kind of good one though.  CPU: ryzen7 3800x RAM: 16GB 3200mhz  MB:msi meg X470  Graphic Card: msi rtx2080ti gaming x trio   POWERSUPPLY: superflower 1000W. My parents fund me to build it. Now they are in trouble, I really want to use this PC to run full load on folding@home at 24*7.

6 minutes ago, anti-COVID-19 said:

My computer just sitting there and took a damn long time to find a new project (It is saying that waiting for assignment and atempting times, like 15). Could someone helps me to fix this? I want my computer fired up and run at 100% usage anytime when I saw it. I really want to use my computer on something good other than playing games. PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Thank you.

Join i.e Rosetta@home and/or other pooled computing projects using BOINC: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

9 minutes ago, anti-COVID-19 said:

can I still contribute to COVID-19 preject in these website?

Yes! :) Rosetta@home is doing just that, and with some success already: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

Note that rosetta is CPU only (see supported platforms to the right in the list for projects that also supply GPU tasks). You can take part in multiple projects at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Pixeldustpony said:

Yes! :) Rosetta@home is doing just that, and with some success already: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

Note that rosetta is CPU only (see supported platforms to the right in the list for projects that also supply GPU tasks). You can take part in multiple projects at the same time.

Thank you very much! I will do it right now

10 minutes ago, Pixeldustpony said:

But why it shows me "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"   ;(

52 minutes ago, anti-COVID-19 said:

But why it shows me "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"   ;(

Looks like berkeleys boinc site is down atm. Possibly they got ddos'ed from all the new traffic?
No worries tho, the boinc client program can also be found here: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/join.php

33 minutes ago, Pixeldustpony said:

Looks like berkeleys boinc site is down atm. Possibly they got ddos'ed from all the new traffic?
No worries tho, the boinc client program can also be found here: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/join.php

thank you very much! I download it and it works. I am gonna run the Rosetta@home right now.

36 minutes ago, Pixeldustpony said:

Also, is there any way that I can let my gpu run too? It is only using my CPU right now. ;)

Rosetta doesn't do GPU, CPU only.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

12 hours ago, TheSatanicTemple said:

I've been using BOINC for 3 months now. It's $30 a month in electricity alone, but I feel good because I always know that I'm extremely charitable. One day I might also find a new prime number, or solve a disease, using my processing power. That's priceless.

Also I’m doing Rosetta@Home while waiting for more WUs from F@H. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

IT's something you can run at the same time.  F@H seems to be nearly all GPU tasks and Rosetta is all CPU.  I've had some F@H CPU WU's but the most recent one wasn't for COVID.  I think right now they have more processing power than they can even use.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

3 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Well I didn't know BOINC was already giving out COVID19 WU's through Rosetta@home. I've just added it to my BOINC, unfortunately I couldn't find out how to make a team. Someone should make one for us.

2 minutes ago, TheSatanicTemple said:

Well I didn't know BOINC was already giving out COVID19 WU's through Rosetta@home. I've just added it to my BOINC, unfortunately I couldn't find out how to make a team. Someone should make one for us.

Whoever wants to can do so here: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/team_create_form.php

13 minutes ago, TheSatanicTemple said:

I read the FAQ here to figure out how to join the LTT team.

5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Rosetta doesn't do GPU, CPU only.

ok, Thank you very much