Fan Controller/Hub/Splitter

ImportDaddy

Hey guys,

I'm buying a new 360mm AIO cooler for my case and with that I am going to have many, many fans. However, my motherboard doesn't have a lot of fan headers so I'm in desperate need of a fan HUB. Any suggestions? Most of what I saw on amazon seemed just sketch and low quality. And of course I wouldn't wanna bow down to a HUB like corsair's which is around 79$.

Which mobo? Do you have any extra features other than SATA and 6+ headers? Also how many fans you actually are planning to install?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, ImportDaddy said:

Hey guys,

I'm buying a new 360mm AIO cooler for my case and with that I am going to have many, many fans. However, my motherboard doesn't have a lot of fan headers so I'm in desperate need of a fan HUB. Any suggestions? Most of what I saw on amazon seemed just sketch and low quality. And of course I wouldn't wanna bow down to a HUB like corsair's which is around 79$.

I have this for controlling all my case fans and have been very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Silverstone-Splitter-SST-CPF04-USA/dp/B07N3HP8S5/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=silverstone+fan+hub&qid=1584990461&sr=8-3

It allows up to 8 fans to be controlled via one PWM signal (so perfect for a lot of case fans, or a bunch of AIO fans.  Fans have to be 4-pin to be PWM controlled, but 3-pin fans will work with the hub, just run at full speed. Power fed to all fans via separate SATA power cable (so not all powered off a single fan header).

Inexpensive.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

On 3/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Which mobo? Do you have any extra features other than SATA and 6+ headers? Also how many fans you actually are planning to install?

msi z270 a pro I'm not sure about the other stuff.

9 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

I have this for controlling all my case fans and have been very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Silverstone-Splitter-SST-CPF04-USA/dp/B07N3HP8S5/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=silverstone+fan+hub&qid=1584990461&sr=8-3

It allows up to 8 fans to be controlled via one PWM signal (so perfect for a lot of case fans, or a bunch of AIO fans.  Fans have to be 4-pin to be PWM controlled, but 3-pin fans will work with the hub, just run at full speed. Power fed to all fans via separate SATA power cable (so not all powered off a single fan header).

Inexpensive.

I was actually thinking of this one 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G9BEC5W/?coliid=I2XH5U8UNX9589&colid=RVIPGMH11ZJK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

3 hours ago, ImportDaddy said:

You have 4x case fan headers, AIO and CPU headers. All are PWM. To each of those you could connect 3 fans with 3-way splitter. Pros of that solution, you get better per-zone control. Cons, more cables running around. Control would still be done with MSI BIOS, Command Center or 3rd party software.

Both of linked ones work and are know quality. Con of using hub is that all connected fans will follow same speed settings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, ImportDaddy said:

I was actually thinking of this one 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G9BEC5W/?coliid=I2XH5U8UNX9589&colid=RVIPGMH11ZJK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Looks to be very similar and should work equally well.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

20 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You have 4x case fan headers, AIO and CPU headers. All are PWM. To each of those you could connect 3 fans with 3-way splitter. Pros of that solution, you get better per-zone control. Cons, more cables running around. Control would still be done with MSI BIOS, Command Center or 3rd party software.

Both of linked ones work and are know quality. Con of using hub is that all connected fans will follow same speed settings.

One thing, for some reason it says in my MB manual any 4pin headers on my motherboard except cpu fan is NOT pwm. Regardless all of my fans are kinda different so I'm okay with them following a certain percentage through hub, I think.

One thing, for some reason it says in my MB manual any 4pin headers on my motherboard except cpu fan is NOT pwm. Regardless all of my fans are kinda different so I'm okay with them following a certain percentage through hub, I think.

Page 32 on manual, it says SYS fan headers are on DC Mode by default. In section before that it says that you can choose between DC and PWM in BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Page 32 on manual, it says SYS fan headers are on DC Mode by default. In section before that it says that you can choose between DC and PWM in BIOS.

Wow that is super interesting, thank you for letting me know that, I'll def check out my bios for it!