Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_BenP_

New Sound card?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am thinking of buying a sound card to replace my broken motherboards audio output. I have tried everything to fix my this audio output put nothing worked. So instead of sending the board back I was thinking of buying a sound card instead.

My Motherboard is the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. A shame that it broke.

The Sound card I was looking at buying is this one from ASUS:

https://www.amazon.de/Xonar-interne-Soundkarte-PCI-Express-Kopfh%C3%B6rerverst%C3%A4rker/dp/B07JXQYTTB/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=ASUS+SOUNDCARD&qid=1584883273&sr=8-2

I've personally had a good experience with the Creative Sound Blaster Z. Haven't used any of the Asus cards though.

Does the motherboard audio work if you use a live linux distribution like Knoppix?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Sorry what is a live linux distribution?

I brought a DAC off Amazon to see if that might work but it does not. Might have to go for a sound card solution

On 3/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, tetenteten said:

buy a external dac. you can use it for everything

I would do the same, buy a Focusrite Scarlett Solo once, and you'll never have to worry about audio again!

I've had a Soundblaster Z for years, I love it. I'm old though and I still remember putting in a USB card into one of my computers..

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  |  Asus Prime X-570-P  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GBAsus GTX 1660 Super 6GB  | Creative Sound Blaster Z |  Corsair Force GT 240 SATA SSD Boot  |  Storage Spaces SanDisk 480GB SATA SSD + WD Blue 500GB SATA SSD  |  Corsair TX650 PSU |  LG 27GL650F-B  |