Thinking of getting 5700xt, I have a few questions

Vicinity

Hello LTT community,

I recently am thinking of buying a 5700xt that I am pairing with a R7 2700x, and I have a few questions:

How good is the 5700xt? Any comparison with any other modern gpu is fine (I.e. etc 2060, Gtx 1080, etc) also some FPS stats from popular games is also appreciated.

How are the drivers? I’ve seen some stories about the 5700xt being unstable, loud, and crashing a lot, but that was a few months back, so I was wi friend how they are doing now.

Finally, will my 2700x bottleneck the gpu? It’s running stock cooler and clocks (will OC when my cooler arrives) In games like war zone, pubg, fortnite etc, how will the rig perform? (16gb 3000 MHz ram, idk what else is relevant for pure game performance)

I thank you for your time and wish you a good day, cheers

Based on the articles I have seen/read, the 5700XT is generally on par with the 2070 super.  

There are videos showing the performance comparing a 5700XT with a 2070 super if you would like to see the difference between games.

As far as drivers go, I can't answer.   I also was on the fence for a 5700XT but I am still not convinced AMD has the dirvers all situated.  Especially since they are busy rolling out RDNA2 and new GPUs for consoles (somebody has to develop those drivers also).

The MSI Gaming 5700XT was the card I was going to purchase.  I read up on 2070 Super GPUs and found that the Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC 3.  I was able to get the Gigabyte 2070 Super for just 70 dollars more.   For the peace of mind, I went with the Gigabyte card.

Sorry that I can't help any further.

Running the ASUS STRIX RX5700XT OC with a 2700X and runs like a champ.no driver issues whatsoever, and am extremely happy with them both.I have had 0 black screens and 0 crashes,plays everything I play with no problems,all benchmarks I have done are stable and great.My complete system specs are below. Wouldn't change it for anything.

I haven't played to many AAA games lately,but everything I have played has been flawless.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 hours ago, Vicinity said:

Hello LTT community,

I recently am thinking of buying a 5700xt that I am pairing with a R7 2700x, and I have a few questions:

How good is the 5700xt? Any comparison with any other modern gpu is fine (I.e. etc 2060, Gtx 1080, etc)

If you look for used GPU the similar performing cards would be GTX 1080ti ..altough the nvidia card is generally faster and has more memory.

For VR especially i would recommend the 1080ti over the radeon card...but you should expect to pay a bit more for a 1080ti.

GTX 1080 is a bit slower than 5700XT but it still got 8gb of vram and a used one can usually found quite cheap. If you can live with a bit lower performance.

If you play newer demanding titles at high detail settings and maybe 80 to 120FPS at 1440p i would recommend 5700XT/1080ti but if you plan to game at 1080p...or 1440p but only 60hz...GTX 1080 or 5600XT could do fine.

No worries about your CPU it wont hold back significantly, you can get a good experience.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

Based on the articles I have seen/read, the 5700XT is generally on par with the 2070 super.  

There are videos showing the performance comparing a 5700XT with a 2070 super if you would like to see the difference between games.

As far as drivers go, I can't answer.   I also was on the fence for a 5700XT but I am still not convinced AMD has the dirvers all situated.  Especially since they are busy rolling out RDNA2 and new GPUs for consoles (somebody has to develop those drivers also).

The MSI Gaming 5700XT was the card I was going to purchase.  I read up on 2070 Super GPUs and found that the Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC 3.  I was able to get the Gigabyte 2070 Super for just 70 dollars more.   For the peace of mind, I went with the Gigabyte card.

Sorry that I can't help any further.

Thanks, I will take this into consideration!

47 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

Running the ASUS STRIX RX5700XT OC with a 2700X and runs like a champ.no driver issues whatsoever, and am extremely happy with them both.I have had 0 black screens and 0 crashes,plays everything I play with no problems,all benchmarks I have done are stable and great.My complete system specs are below. Wouldn't change it for anything.

I haven't played to many AAA games lately,but everything I have played has been flawless.

Thank you for the feedback, this helps a lot.

30 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

If you look for used GPU the similar performing cards would be GTX 1080ti ..altough the nvidia card is generally faster and has more memory.

For VR especially i would recommend the 1080ti over the radeon card...but you should expect to pay a bit more for a 1080ti.

GTX 1080 is a bit slower than 5700XT but it still got 8gb of vram and a used one can usually found quite cheap. If you can live with a bit lower performance.

If you play newer demanding titles at high detail settings and maybe 80 to 120FPS at 1440p i would recommend 5700XT/1080ti but if you plan to game at 1080p...or 1440p but only 60hz...GTX 1080 or 5600XT could do fine.

No worries about your CPU it wont hold back significantly, you can get a good experience.

Thanks for your input!

5 hours ago, Vicinity said:

How good is the 5700xt? Any comparison with any other modern gpu is fine (I.e. etc 2060, Gtx 1080, etc) also some FPS stats from popular games is also appreciated.

This is how you could answer that question

How are the drivers? I’ve seen some stories about the 5700xt being unstable, loud, and crashing a lot, but that was a few months back, so I was wi friend how they are doing now.

The drivers are meh in some aspects good in others... but 5700 XTs never where that unstable as you describing them in general.. obviously as with any other product line faulty parts exist...

Finally, will my 2700x bottleneck the gpu?

No, it wont. 

I am running a 5700xt right now.  My system specs are in my signature.   I have been playing games all day today and running a couple of folding@home work units.  It has been sitting at 90%+ pretty much all day and not a single glitch or slow down. 

| CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16) 3600 | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT Ultimate | Storage: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 | Storage: 2TB Seagate 7200RPM  | Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic PCMR | PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G6 80+ Gold| Display: Pixio PX7 Prime | Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix

I've had mine for about 7 months now.  And have experienced very few issues, and that was months ago. 

-It's on par with a 2070

-The Drivers are fine enough, but with AMD they typically get better and better and optimized more and more over time. 

-2700x won't bottleneck