The BEST Wireless Gaming Headset (and the worst...)

ColinLTT
On 3/26/2020 at 10:24 AM, Kilrah said:

This came just in time, with this whole staying at home thing I was getting tired of having to do work conference calls and gaming with friends on my BT headset where you're limited to the telephone quality "handsfree" sound when you want to use the microphone...

Just got my G935s, a bit big and heavy but they sound absolutely gorgeous indeed, microphone is good and versatility is great, cool that you can mix the 3.5mm input and wireless. 

Given EQ sounds perfect, just make sure you haven't enabled surround when you want it effective.

How is the comfort? I bought me a GSP 670 and wasn't satisfied so i went back to my roots with Logitech and ordered me a G935, should arrive in the next 2 days.

I just bought the logitech because of this video now it wont connect to GHUB and sounds terrible any ideas?

4 hours ago, Defiantone07 said:

I just bought the logitech because of this video now it wont connect to GHUB and sounds terrible any ideas?

Have you tried connecting via 3.5mm cable to confirm there's not a more dire hardware issue, before the Ghub problem? Try reinstalling G-hub. Its been pretty easy on my end, never had an issue even when using across multiple machines, but G hub is a pretty feature-rich software so there's a chance something could go wrong. 

You should be able to get sound even without g-hub installed initially, is that the case?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hey I got the HyperX Flight headset and I tried to recreate the EqualizierAPO settings since the export file doesn't seem to exist anymore. I really don't hear any difference though, am I supposed to enable to EQ somehow or what do I need to do? This is how it looks right now. Or maybe it's simply not that big of a difference, I don't really know.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Well just toggle the power symbol on/off, should be easy to hear if something's happening.

However I see you pointed it to a Voicemeeter output, I doubt APO will be able to work with that since it's already "virtual".

You should be able to replicate the EQ in Voicemeeter itself though, and not need APO at all.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

On 4/11/2020 at 11:08 PM, rmgdnz said:

Are the G935's better than the wired Logitech G Pro X's? From online reviews, everyone says the G Pro X's sound clearer but mine have really muddy surround sound and I am considering returning them. 

I have G935 and preffer to use them wired, as quality can be 192hz, while wireless, like in razers software provides only 48000, and there's the dip in quality.
You can turn them on during them being wired, and still get the extra boost from onboard amp and 300ohm imp unlike turned off.
To get absolute best sound tho, unplug wireless adapter from pc, so you don't drain power on it, as there is difference to when it's off.

And for last ofc, if you have a loud pc, decrease sidetone or mute your mic. Seems obvious, but still a good mention.

MB: ASrock X570 Taichi

CPU:Ryzen 7 5800x

cpu cooler: Arctic liquid freezer II 420

RAM: 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16

GPU: GTX1070 strix

SSD: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC
SSD: 1000GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

case: Fractal meshify S2, 8x 140mm pwm fans (3 front, 2 down, 2 up, 1 back)

Psu: Be Quiet Straight power 11 650W

display: iiyama 27 144hz red eagle freesync

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Colin, i have been testing LinusTechTip equalizer settings on my Logitech G935, Battlefield V, RainbowSix Siege, and some of mine surround settings, and i can tell you guys headset got a lot better in sound quality, high tones come to life, middle are clear and bass is normal now.

So give it a try.

MotherBoard: ASUS Prime Z390M-PLUS

Processor:      Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor @ 3.6 ghz ( OC @ 5.0 GHZ )

GPU:              Palit Nvidia RTX 3090 Pro

RAM:              CORSAIR Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb 2666 mhz

Cooling:          Water Cooling NZXT Kraken X42

PSU:               BE QUIET! Power Zone 1000W

Case:             Lian Lee Lancool II

CaseCooling: Corsair LL120 Pro

Monitor:          ALIENWARE AW3418DW 3440X1440 120 hz

Keyboard:       Logitech PRO keyboard
Mouse:            Logitech PRO mouse
Sound:            Logitech G935

I was actually a little shocked when I first saw the video and LTT recommended the G935.

I had the G930 and was pretty happy with it. It dissolved after some time ;) so I bought the G933. Was pretty happy with it. But lately I cannot use it. So many connection issues. It does not stay connected. The Logitech support tried but cannot really help so far. My guess is someone moved in one of the apartments around me and is interfering with the signal.The dongle is like 30cm away from the headphone.

If I could at least go wired, but no, most of the features are not available via the 3.5mm cable. So I'd rather buy something that is not influenced by the thousands of Wifis that my neighbors have.

JesterYVR, is your dongle connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

MotherBoard: ASUS Prime Z390M-PLUS

Processor:      Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor @ 3.6 ghz ( OC @ 5.0 GHZ )

GPU:              Palit Nvidia RTX 3090 Pro

RAM:              CORSAIR Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb 2666 mhz

Cooling:          Water Cooling NZXT Kraken X42

PSU:               BE QUIET! Power Zone 1000W

Case:             Lian Lee Lancool II

CaseCooling: Corsair LL120 Pro

Monitor:          ALIENWARE AW3418DW 3440X1440 120 hz

Keyboard:       Logitech PRO keyboard
Mouse:            Logitech PRO mouse
Sound:            Logitech G935

On 4/28/2020 at 1:35 AM, MarkCRO said:

JesterYVR, is your dongle connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

USB 2.0

I think I tried both 3 and 2, tried the firmware update, pairing the headset again. I still have the issues.

Just grabbed the steelseries, do I need to do anything other than enable DTS X V2 in the steelseries software? My old G433 sounded AWFUL with it on so I never really used it, but after enabling it in the software I hear no difference (while watching youtube)

edit: and would you recommend any changes to the default sound profiles for the DTS X v2

On 4/17/2020 at 8:02 AM, Cynical said:

Hey I got the HyperX Flight headset and I tried to recreate the EqualizierAPO settings since the export file doesn't seem to exist anymore. I really don't hear any difference though, am I supposed to enable to EQ somehow or what do I need to do? This is how it looks right now. Or maybe it's simply not that big of a difference, I don't really know.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Looks like your device there is incorrect - switch it to the cloud flights - top center of that image. 

Also another note, using the artic 7 equaliser, and coming from a G433. I have trouble in Warzone hearing enemies footsteps or small noises like them opening doors and such. Should I just raise the first/second bar in the equal settings?

Sidetone/Mic Passthrough on this device seems to be nonexistent as well even at max, I can barely hear myself (comparatively my G433 had sideton on low and I was pretty clear and could hear myself well)

On 4/13/2020 at 7:45 AM, Skyyblaze said:

I bought a Arctis 7 2019 a few weeks ago and love it. The G935 was also in my consideration and now I'm curious how they sound with them getting praised so high but I don't regret my Arctis purchase at all thanks to the dual-channel mix they feature, the retractable mic and the aluminum frame instead of a plastic one. I agree the clamping-force was initially kinda hurting my ears but after a few weeks of wearing it's super comfy now.

One thing the review missed though, it comes with a full DTS X v2 Spatial Audio license that make a huge difference to how they can sound in games as far as positional audio goes.

To make use of that disable! DTS X v2 in Steelseries Engine and download a app called DTS Unbound from the Windows 10 Store. Normally a license for the app costs money but it will detect the Arctis 7 when they are set as the Default Audio Device and the app will unlock activating DTS X v2 on a Windows level which to me, made positional audio sound amazing. In CoD Warzone I suddenly could pinpoint directions even above and below me really accurate.

And the best thing, unlike the Steelseries Engine implementation, letting Windows handle it doesn't affect music!

Another negative though, since the Line-In and Line-Out connections on the base-dongle are recessed you basically can't fit normal 3.5mm cables in there :/

Question - is using the DTS app much better/more quality than the built in DTS through the steelseries engine? I switch between headphones and speakers a lot so re-enabling is less ideal than just having it activated in the steelseries app. Thanks for this great tip

Why was the Arctis 7 tested instead of the Arctis Pro Wireless?

Loudness equalisation..

This option is in the basic M$ driver for my G633 and G935 headsets and makes sounds louder so I can actually hear things in game. Once the G-Hub software is installed this option is gone and is not in the G-Hub. Thus the max volume is now pants.

I can use software like Equaliser APO to boost the volume but then things like DTS dont work. Or just not use the G-Hub at all and lose control of all of the features just to get the loudness equalisation option back

I find it absolutely bonkers that Logitech has got rid of that setting and there seems to be no answer as to why, even on their own forum people are complaining about it and Logitech have nothing to say about it. I guess they just don't give a flip.

I LOVE my headset as it fits my head perfectly but I can not continue to support them if they are not going to implement such an important yet simple feature.

Unless Logitech do something about the quiet and low volume I am going to have to hunt down something else. Not Corsair as they do not fit my head. Astro Maybe as I have used them before and is an ok fit for my head.

/rant

I've seen a few complaints that the G935 wasn't loud enough but other than these people being half deaf and attempting to make it worse I can't understand how :/ 

F@H

GPD Win 2

11 hours ago, Kilrah said:

I've seen a few complaints that the G935 wasn't loud enough but other than these people being half deaf and attempting to make it worse I can't understand how :/ 

Nothing wrong with my hearing but my point is the max volume is just not quite high enough. 

I am so sick of having people walk up to me in games and kill me and I can only hear them once the knife is in my neck.

With loudness equalisation I can actually hear these people from so far away and know they are coming just like they know I am coming.

The issue does not end there. Just watching YT or Netflix or whatever the sound is so low I cant hear any detail in the sound.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 5:56 AM, cuddlepuddle said:

Question - is using the DTS app much better/more quality than the built in DTS through the steelseries engine? I switch between headphones and speakers a lot so re-enabling is less ideal than just having it activated in the steelseries app. Thanks for this great tip

The difference I found was that the Steelseries DTS messed with music while the app didn't but if you use your speakers for everything else and the headset just for gaming the Steelseries implementation will do you just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all new here, 

Does anyone have a good EQ setting for the Hyper X Cloud Flight S the new model? 

Any recommendations for a good pair of headphones in the $150 Canadian Rubles range for someone who is looking for a good mic for gaming, good ear comfort and would mostly use the 3.5 mm cable instead of bluetooth?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, JesterYVR said:

I was actually a little shocked when I first saw the video and LTT recommended the G935.

I had the G930 and was pretty happy with it. It dissolved after some time ;) so I bought the G933. Was pretty happy with it. But lately I cannot use it. So many connection issues. It does not stay connected. The Logitech support tried but cannot really help so far. My guess is someone moved in one of the apartments around me and is interfering with the signal.The dongle is like 30cm away from the headphone.

If I could at least go wired, but no, most of the features are not available via the 3.5mm cable. So I'd rather buy something that is not influenced by the thousands of Wifis that my neighbors have.

Can you please try my eq setting

Annotation 2020-06-17 203606.jpg

156509118_Annotation2020-06-17203606.jpg.5ed2430b40338f6642773dac9884ad46.jpg

How about my EQ for my G433. Its based on the ltt eq.

• 4 months later...

hello guys i got the logitech g935 today and i need a eq setting the one here above its a kind of old one becuse the g hub  changes alot someone now some link or video off the new setting or have just the numbers of it ?