• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wkdpaul

COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

NYTimes looks inside a NYC hospital.

• 'scrambling for ventilators'
  • "If we could get CPAC machines we could free up ventilators for patients"
  • Five ventilators arrived. The 3rd emergency resupply in a week.
  • The head of NYC public hospitals denied that Elmhurst has ever come close to running out of ventilators.
  • "There's mythical hundred ventilators out there that we haven't seen."
  • "We started to realize that people coming in with no fever but abdominal pain actually had findings on their x-rays chest CT that were consistent with COVID-19."
  • "Someone in a car accident comes in and we get a CT scan of them and their lungs look like they have coronavirus."
  • "This is bad. People are dying. We don't have the tools that we need in the Emergency Department and in the hospital to take care of them."

https://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregion/100000007052136/coronavirus-elmhurst-hospital-queens.html

25 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

The toll on nurses is not only physical (exhaustion) but also psychological.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/italian-nurse-with-coronavirus-kills-herself-amid-fears-of-infecting-others/

She's the 2nd nurse in Italy to commit suicide for this reason.

Orderlies and EMTs are particularly not well paid at all, especially now.

But yeah the psychological must be huge. I'm dead when I work 48 hours, and it's not even shift work.

26 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

The toll on nurses is not only physical (exhaustion) but also psychological.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/italian-nurse-with-coronavirus-kills-herself-amid-fears-of-infecting-others/

She's the 2nd nurse in Italy to commit suicide for this reason.

I can't even imagine what some of the worlds health care professionals are going through ATM. I know for a fact I couldn't do it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD

Italy might be showing some promise.

Doesn't look very encouraging with the first graph.

The slope of the tangent looks encouraging in the log graph.

The last four days could be interpreted as a six-day slope, maybe seven. Certainly better than its two-day slope.

1219364880_COVID-19Italy-DeathsSevereHospitalizedICU-2020-03-26.thumb.png.3a56a97269ebd04b72aff5b851c718c3.png

1538302465_COVID-19DeathsAligned@50-2020-03-26-interim.thumb.png.4efb2471b246ef8e50a56f61014aeed5.png

On 3/26/2020 at 10:19 AM, Cora_Lie said:

Said that several times here in the past month and half, now he says it. Maybe it will be understood this time.

That's been a common theme with the researchers since shortly after January 21st.

It's likely with us to stay. Be it cyclic or seasonal.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 1440p 144Hz G-SYNC Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Chair: Respawn 110 Racing-Style Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

Better than nothing.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 1440p 144Hz G-SYNC Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Chair: Respawn 110 Racing-Style Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1688341/voyageurs-coronavirus-commmerce-quarantaine

Quebec full of snowbirds (older people who live in Florida for the winters) who don't self-isolate, some were found shopping for groceries.

Google translation with corrections ;

Snowbirds** from Lac-Saint-Jean that just came back in Canada, have attempted not once but twice, unsuccessfully, to shop in supermarkets in Saint-Félicien, Lac-Saint-Jean.

On its Facebook page, market management "IGA Lamontagne & Daughter" of Saint-Félicien said that early Wednesday evening, they had a visit from a traveler from the United States earlier in the day. His access had just been denied at the "Métro D. Boutin" supermarket in the same municipality.

It was the management of "Metro D. Boutin" who contacted the management of "IGA Lamontagne & Daughters" to warn them.

*quote from the IGA supermarket management*

"The individual went to Metro, where he was denied access the first time. He made a second attempt at our store and we quickly intervened […]. Unfortunately, too many unconscious people do not take our government's recommendations seriously and endanger the lives of essential services personnel, but also the lives of an entire population" can be read on the Facebook page of IGA Marché Lamontagne and daughter.

The supermarket management continues by indicating that since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis, the grocers double their efforts to implement the measures and recommendations aiming at protecting personnel and customers.

*quote from the IGA supermarket management*

"We all have a role to play in reducing the impact of COVID-19. We take the situation very seriously and in no way will we tolerate people who do not comply with the recommendations. Stay at home the snowbirds**. Stay at home for the elderly. Stay at home, children […]", concludes management.

** as mentioned by @Andreas Lilja, snowbirds refers to retired people that "migrate" south during Canadian winter, the majority going to Florida.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

This isn't something we wanted to hear, hope it's nothing more than a cold...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Keith Lawrence Middlebrook, 53, was charged by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles with one count of attempted wire fraud. Middlebrook "claimed to have personally developed a 'patent-pending cure' and a treatment that prevents coronavirus infection," the Justice Department said in a statement. He was arrested after an undercover agent posed as an investor during a meeting where Middlebrook delivered the pills that he claimed would prevent people from developing the virus. As part of the scheme, the department said, he also falsely claimed that former Los Angeles basketball star Earvin "Magic" Johnson was a board member of the company, Quantum Prevention CV Inc. On his Instagram page, prosecutors said, Middlebrook showed viewers a syringe with a clear liquid.

The case against Middlebrook comes after Attorney General William Barr this month ordered all U.S. Attorney offices to prioritize investigations into coronavirus scams, such as the peddling of fake cures, investment schemes and Medicare fraud.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-charged-with-coronavirus-linked-fraud/ar-BB11Io0n?li=BBnbfcL

🤦‍♂️

Who lives and who dies? With ventilators limited amid coronavirus, doctors might face hard choices

• Across the U.S., there could be as many as 31 patients requiring ventilation for every machine available
  • studies in China found that between 2% and 6% of people with COVID-19 needed to be on ventilators.
  • If half of Californians fall sick with COVID-19 and 2% need ventilators, the state would need 390,000 over the course of the outbreak. Even if those cases were spread out over the next year, the state could still require 20,000 ventilators at once.
  • In one hospital in Lombardy, a hard-hit region in Northern Italy, doctors reported patients in the hospital sleeping on mattresses on the floor. There, 70% of the ICU beds are reserved for COVID-19 patients “with a reasonable chance to survive,” the doctors wrote in a recent paper.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-26/coronavirus-ventilator-shortage-choice-health-care-doctors

Wanted: A coronavirus test to identify people who were infected and then recovered

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-25/coronavirus-test-infected-recovered-covid19

On 3/26/2020 at 8:15 PM, Canoe said:

Italy might be showing some promise.

Doesn't look very encouraging with the first graph.

The slope of the tangent looks encouraging in the log graph.

The last four days could be interpreted as a six-day slope, maybe seven. Certainly better than its two-day slope.

Wow

last to the stage, already on top

USA tops Italy, and China, in Confirmed and Active cases.

Deaths & Recovered lag.

USA

82,612 Confirmed, 79,564 Active, 1,184 Deaths, 1,864 Recovered

China

82,037 Confirmed, 4,450 Active, 3,293 Deaths, 74,202 Recovered

Italy

80,589 Confirmed, 62,013 Active, 8,215 Deaths, 10,361 Recovered

I've been on the USS Midway for a field trip and have an idea how cramped the sleeping quarters. 

So that dude who licked the toilet seat and got infected has caught on, but some are still thinking it's fake. Here is a updated pic

https://www.narcity.com/news/us/ca/tiktok-coronavirus-challenge-toilet-licking-sends-california-influencer-to-the-hospital

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

25 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

So that dude who licked the toilet seat and got infected has caught on, but some are still thinking it's fake. Here is a updated pic

https://www.narcity.com/news/us/ca/tiktok-coronavirus-challenge-toilet-licking-sends-california-influencer-to-the-hospital

could you blame anyone for believing it,  not only is it a plausible story line but that there are enough complete morons out there for it to have happened. poe's law and all that.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

I approve this message 👇🏻 (time stamped)

"...is like nearly every other restaurant in the whole world that is ramping down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a nightmare for any restaurant, but especially for these poor folks who just got started. I implore you to do whatever you can to support your local restaurants in this time. If they're offering take out, take it..." - Adam Ragusea

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I do my EOD to UTC. So the U.S. and others are done their day yet, but here's the graph of Deaths.

Confirmed is too variable. Testing was delayed too far and is still playing catchup, or isn't widely available yet.

• The bulk of deaths were occuring in the third week of the course of the disease. Deaths lag infections. This means it is expected that Deaths will be accumulating for a while before the social distancing measures start to show, due to Deaths lagging infection.
  • The graph has straight lines showing the slopes for Deaths to Double: in 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, to 8 weeks.
  • You can see how China curved and went flat.
  • South Korea isn't flat, but is holding to a low slope double every ~two weeks.
  • Spain and Italy are easy to see, and Iran seems to be following China, but there's some doubt on numbers.
  • France is heading right up the Doubles-every-three-days, which is what the average of all of the External (non-China) Deaths shows as heading up, then starting to curve towards flat ~nine days ago.
  • The U.S. is driving right up the early External path too, with a trend line showing its Deaths are slightly less than doubling every three days.
  • The others are really too low in count yet to really be able to trust a character of their slope.

683545761_COVID-19DeathsAligned@50-2020-03-26EODUTC.thumb.png.1933468d6931979d3c5568c8b9804a67.png

Posted (edited)

There has been coronavirus cases in the building right behind where I work. And I always pass it on my way to work to avoid the lights. It hasn’t sunk in yet. How literally close it is.

With updated numbers here,

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

The Spanish government has withdrawn 9,000 Chinese-made coronavirus testing kits from use after it emerged that they had an accurate detection rate of just 30%.

... a batch of Chinese-made kits bought by Spanish health authorities a few weeks ago has been pulled after they were discovered to be unreliable and the Chinese government said they had been made by a company that did not appear on its list of authorised manufacturers.

In a statement on Thursday, Spain’s health ministry said it would be returning the kits, but stressed that they had not been bought directly from the Chinese manufacturer but from a supply company in Spain that had purchased them in China and had provided the necessary accompanying paperwork.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/coronavirus-test-kits-withdrawn-spain-poor-accuracy-rate

Coronavirus: Councils in England 'asked to house all rough sleepers by the weekend'

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-councils-in-england-asked-to-house-all-rough-sleepers-by-the-weekend-11964380

The iconic Abbey Road zebra crossing made famous by the 1969 Beatles album of the same name has been repainted while the streets of London are empty because of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/27/abbey-road-crossing-repainted-coronavirus-lockdown-beatles-album

Forty-one health workers in Italy have died from coronavirus since the outbreak there began, as medics work relentlessly to try to turn the tide in Europe’s worst-affected country.

The virus has infected more than 5,000 doctors, nurses, technicians, ambulance staff and other health employees. The majority were on the frontline in the badly affected northern regions and contracted the illness at the start of the outbreak when protective equipment was lacking.

“It’s as if a storm hit us,” said Roberto Stellini, a doctor of infectious diseases at Poliambulanza hospital in Brescia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/as-if-a-storm-hit-33-italian-health-workers-have-died-since-crisis-began

Note: Back when, Brescia was noted for violins as Cremona was. Most obvious visual feature was a back-cut scroll. All of the Brescian violin makers were lost to the world due to a decimating plague hitting Brescia, also ending that line of violins.

US private health insurance companies clog system

a resident physician at Yale University prepared for an onslaught of Covid-19 patients last week, he noticed something at his hospital: there were still patients without the virus, completely stable, in the beds.

These patients, many of whom should have been moved to a rehab facility or released, were stuck waiting until their private health insurance company authorized the next steps, which can take days.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/26/us-insurance-companies-coronavirus-hospitals

It was felt but not defined, now it's openly discussed...

Is Dr. Fauci on the ejection seat in the White House?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-signals-readiness-to-break-with-experts-his-online-base-assails-fauci/2020/03/26/3802de14-6df6-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

If ever it should happen, I wonder what the uproar would be to have one of the last remaining voice of reason in the present chaos to be "kissed goodbye" by the one who should not be named ^o^.

Fatality Rate, China

China reports show the majority of its cases Resolved.

• China 95.7% Resolved
  • Hubei 95.7%
  • Wuhan 94.2%
  • non-Hubei 95.8%

For those Resolved cases, their CFR is:

• China 4.23%
  • Hubei 4.89%
  • Wuhan 5.38%
  • non-Hubei 0.91%

The provinces other than Hubei were already seeded but had a small number of cases when they were warned about the disease, so they could take measures to contain it. Just like the rest of the world had notice when it was a mix of seeded and when/before they had a small or tiny number or no cases.

The Global Crude Fatality Rate is 4.53%.

• The External Deaths of 20,774 is greater than what the max accumulated deaths should eventually be, so we know that Confirmed is grossly understated.
  • Using a final CFR of 2.5% percent, the External infected population would be at least 1.3 Million people. At that CFR of 2.5%, Global Deaths are projected to 39,576.
  • Using the overwhelmed CFR of 3.6%, Global Deaths are projected to ~43,000.
  • Those numbers are based on March 26 numbers for the infected population at that time, and do not include any projection for spread of the infection.