[SOLVED] MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC M-Flash Black Screen

Go to solution Solved by Stormseeker9,

Double check monitor connection on both ends perhaps, ensuring no loose connection.

i remember something like this vaguely myself in December 2018.. thing was it didn’t stay powered on so I did a cmos reset 

Hi all,

I was trying to update the BIOS on my B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with M-Flash. I downloaded the latest BIOS from the official MSI website and put the unzipped file on the USB drive. I ejected it in windows. I shut the computer down and opened the BIOS. I selected M-flash and it warned me that it would restart and self boot into "Flash Mode". It restarted and now it shows me a black screen. I'm a bit scared right now as I don't want to do anything wrong. Should I reboot the PC? Clear the CMOS? Try to flash the BIOS with MSI Flashback? The fans are spinning, the lights on the board and on the RAM are on, none of the EZ Debug lights are on.

Double check monitor connection on both ends perhaps, ensuring no loose connection.

i remember something like this vaguely myself in December 2018.. thing was it didn’t stay powered on so I did a cmos reset 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

10 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Yep. Checked the monitor connection - no change. Cleared CMOS and now everything is fine, but still on the old BIOS version. That's for the comment.

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem. I tracked it down to the fact that my monitor was connected via DisplayPort. Turns out the MSI BIOS works with both DisplayPort and HDMI, but the M-Flash utility ONLY works over HDMI. Stupid bug, MSI...