Samsung Galaxy a51 and a71 best midrange phones?

Are the Samsung Galaxy a51 and a71 the best midrange phones?

i use a Nokia 7.2 and in my opinion it's better, because it has Android One (stock android basically with guaranteed updates)

She/Her

At that price point( A71 is $450 on amazon) every new smartphone seems to have a sd730G or 720G. It depends on what you consider "best". I would rather choose a last year flagship than a mid range phone(mi 9t pro).

On the other hand the a51 costs $290 (gsmarena) and has an exynos 9611 chipset(which btw is used in almost the whole M and A lineup, even in $220 phones) equivalent to the 712. Again what you consider "best" matters. I would rather have a lcd screen and faster cpu. You might like an amoled one. 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Yet its still on Android Pie

not for long

still uses eMMC storage

so? apps launch in half a second what more could i want?

an older 14nm chipset

i don't notice any performance issues

has lower battery capacity compared to the competition

at the end of the day i usually have at least 50% left. 

Yes its good enough for you. Yes you can have the opinion that its better than competitors that crush it in every aspect.

Samsung has their stupid android skin that i hate. security patches often come waaay too late and new android versions for budget phones are not common. stock android has a high value for many people not just me. bixby can GTFO

She/Her

2 hours ago, Twilight said:

i use a Nokia 7.2 and in my opinion it's better, because it has Android One (stock android basically with guaranteed updates)

Yeah that eMMC storage isnt necessarily a bad thing. But for the price i would expect a better chipset, maybe a 700 series one. And i gotta agree with you about android one as it doesn't drain a lot of battery either.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

Yeah that eMMC storage isnt necessarily a bad thing. But for the price i would expect a better chipset, maybe a 700 series one. And i gotta agree with you about android one as it doesn't drain a lot of battery either.

i mean i'm not a heavy phone user at all. when i'm at home it's in my bedroom on the charger. i don't call people and i never get called, the only thing i use it for is whatsapp (which i use on my laptop when i'm home) and watching youtube in bed. maybe checking the weather, and music when i go on a walk. i don't play games on it or anything. the 6gb of ram in it is nice if i don't have access to my macbook for some reason and i need to use a few tabs in chrome but that happens rarely. 

Android One is more important to me than a slightly faster cpu... 

She/Her

As an aside, I think personal preference is the best way to judge a device. 

Specs on paper are all fine. But real reviews from actual users are better. 

I looked at the Moto One Action recently. Users agree: battery time sucks, the special camera is only useful for video & isn't as stabilized as advertised, and the Android One OS actually isn't part of the program in North America. 

Trust what is actually in people's hands. 

On 3/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, EL02 said:

At that price point( A71 is $450 on amazon) every new smartphone seems to have a sd730G or 720G. It depends on what you consider "best". I would rather choose a last year flagship than a mid range phone(mi 9t pro).

On the other hand the a51 costs $290 (gsmarena) and has an exynos 9611 chipset(which btw is used in almost the whole M and A lineup, even in $220 phones) equivalent to the 712. Again what you consider "best" matters. I would rather have a lcd screen and faster cpu. You might like an amoled one. 

450 is not midrange, he is right. The s8+ keeps under 400$

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B06Y16RL4W/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-c2Ftc3VuZyBzOCBwbHVz-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=Samsung+s8+plus&dchild=1&keywords=Samsung+s8+plus&pd_rd_i=B06Y16RL4W&pd_rd_r=e6200818-99fc-41c5-b312-fc95b3791e42&pd_rd_w=XaP1O&pd_rd_wg=hE5gb&pf_rd_p=ec111f65-4a46-499c-be78-f47997212bd0&pf_rd_r=Q72E6YRW42803TZ1838E&psc=1&qid=1584978445&sr=1-1-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

On 3/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, Kc7vwc said:

As an aside, I think personal preference is the best way to judge a device. 

Specs on paper are all fine. But real reviews from actual users are better. 

I looked at the Moto One Action recently. Users agree: battery time sucks, the special camera is only useful for video & isn't as stabilized as advertised, and the Android One OS actually isn't part of the program in North America. 

Trust what is actually in people's hands. 

https://youtu.be/A2Fh9yslOCQ

A review of the Samsung Galaxy a51 

The A51 is a safe bet. The screen is gorgeous, the OS is intuitive and easy on the eyes. Performance is absolutely fine, except on the most demanding games (Fortnite). 

However, phone enthusiasts won't touch it with a 10 - foot pole because the specs are not as good as the Chinese competition (i.e. Realme & Xiaomi). 

I personally bought a Moto G8 power because I like Motorola's take on Android and having a massive battery. It's arguably the most boring phone on the planet.