Bought and MSI card but they didnt f*cking bother adding any cables and now i cant use it

MS-DOS

PROBLEM IS SOLVED I HAD A DP CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE MONITOR

I have a cable called 389G0187BAA501 whatever the fuck this is, i think it came with the monitor. Can I use this?

3 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

they didnt bother including any fucking cables

Displays usually come with cables, not GPUs. Also, you should've looked at the listing of what the box contains.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, boggy77 said:

yeah cables usually come with the monitor, not with the GPU. so go ahead and use the cable you have.

but will this work?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/DisplayPort-Kabel-0-75m-389G0187BAA501-/264401838753

https://www.viewsonic.com/la/xg2401-2.html

this is my monitor, they dont even say which cables were included

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Displays usually come with cables, not GPUs. Also, you should've looked at the listing of what the box contains.

This

There's also no need for all the profanity.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, MS-DOS said:

but will this work?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/DisplayPort-Kabel-0-75m-389G0187BAA501-/264401838753

https://www.viewsonic.com/la/xg2401-2.html

this is my monitor, they dont even say which cables were included

Yes, any DP cable will work with this combo. You dont need a specific cable model for that. Will be just fine

1 minute ago, JJCooper_ said:

Yes, any DP cable will work with this combo. You dont need a specific cable model for that. Will be just fine

wow, i was about to bash my head against the wall

you know, im in a country were we are quarantined, and i cant go out for potentially a month or more, without this i would be fucking dead of borement

my additional question is:

https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2019/03/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-gaming-x-review/

they say here display port type is 1.4b, what if my cable is older version?

also im scared that 0,75meter is not enough, im going to try

10 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Bought 1660 super MSI gaming X and they didnt bother including any fucking cables, now im stuck again without being able to play. I already risked it buying something during quarantine for nothing. FUCK these guys, what was so difficult about adding some cables? my last GPU is from 2012, I have mini display port, what teh fuck did I know , fuck them all.

You realize this is your error not theirs, right?

As above, cables come with monitors not GPU's.  I am certain you didn't get a cable with your 2012 GPU, so why expect one with this GPU?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

2 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2019/03/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-gaming-x-review/

they say here display port type is 1.4b, what if my cable is older version?

also im scared that 0,75meter is not enough, im going to try

DP 1.4 is backwards compatible with older DP cables. If you're not playing at 4K, no need to worry

Look in the back of your monitor and see exactly what connectors you have.

The page you linked to says the monitor has 2 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort

Your  video card should have at least one HDMI connector so IF your monitor has HDMI, maybe it would be better to buy a HDMI cable.

HDMI cables should be more common and easier to find even in local stores, as they're used with TVs, with blurays and all kinds of things.

Video cards don't come with video cables, and even monitors often come without cables.

19 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Bought 1660 super MSI gaming X and they didnt bother including any fucking cables, now im stuck again without being able to play. I already risked it buying something during quarantine for nothing. FUCK these guys, what was so difficult about adding some cables? my last GPU is from 2012, I have mini display port, what teh fuck did I know , fuck them all.

...display cables aren't included with GPUs.

Also, status update bro.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Video cards don't come with video cables, and even monitors often come without cables.

I still use the cable that came with my xbox for my pc 😂

My mouse didn’t come with a mouse pad. Now I’m stuck just using the keyboard. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

gentle-gasp.png.95758e31f208b7fb10d0e6830d4b1c32.png

But in all seriousness, like other said, the displayport cable you have will work just fine, if not, any recent HDMI cable will do ... hell, even a Dual-Link DVI-D cable will push 144Hz @ 1080p.

OP, I suggest you look into things like this before going on a rant, knowing what you buy, and what is or isn't included should be part of the pre-purchase research ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, wkdpaul said:

gentle-gasp.png.95758e31f208b7fb10d0e6830d4b1c32.png

But in all seriousness, like other said, the displayport cable you have will work just fine, if not, any recent HDMI cable will do ... hell, even a Dual-Link DVI-D cable will push 144Hz @ 1080p.

OP, I suggest you look into things like this before going on a rant, knowing what you buy, and what is or isn't included should be part of the pre-purchase research ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HEY, I HAVE THAT BIRD!!

HDMI to HDMI, HDMI to DP or DP to DP, the cables will work so there is no need to worry. older or newer cables will work with anything that has one of the three listed above because its literally just an electrical signal from the GPU to the monitor. I am currently using a cable I got from my first xbox 360 (2008) as a cable from my computer to my TV as I have that as my monitor so no need to worry.

1 hour ago, jstudrawa said:

You realize this is your error not theirs, right?

As above, cables come with monitors not GPU's.  I am certain you didn't get a cable with your 2012 GPU, so why expect one with this GPU?

i actually got some connector converters

2 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

PROBLEM IS SOLVED I HAD A DP CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE MONITOR

Good to know.

* Thread locked *