Directions Needed

Thrill Killer

My server blew up a few post ago. I've replaced it. But haven't loaded the Music yet. Nor any other Media.

Can I get some links to Sites, Software, Personal Experience for my music.

All of the music is being moved back to a PC. Which will be hooked up to my DAC+AMP+HP's of the moment.

I need links for What is best to, use for Playback. Something that will By-Pass the Internal Dac/Amp of my Motherboard. Show the usual Album Art, etc. And a EQ Plug-In for my cans. I'm leaning toward the classic E. APO/Peace set-up. Which I've never used. But, is supposed to be a "Standard" for basic set ups.

Just point me in the right direction.

PC: Win10 Pro

CPU: i7-7700k

MoBo: ASRock Z270 Gaming K6

RAM: 32GB

GPU: Nvidia GForce GTX 1080i

Headphone Set-Up

DAC: Topping D50s

AMP: Schiit Heresey

Phones: Hi-Fi Man 400i, Sennheiser HD-6XX, beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, Grado SE325r

26 minutes ago, Thrill Killer said:

My server blew up a few post ago. I've replaced it. But haven't loaded the Music yet. Nor any other Media.

Can I get some links to Sites, Software, Personal Experience for my music.

All of the music is being moved back to a PC. Which will be hooked up to my DAC+AMP+HP's of the moment.

I need links for What is best to, use for Playback. Something that will By-Pass the Internal Dac/Amp of my Motherboard. Show the usual Album Art, etc. And a EQ Plug-In for my cans. I'm leaning toward the classic E. APO/Peace set-up. Which I've never used. But, is supposed to be a "Standard" for basic set ups.

Just point me in the right direction.

PC: Win10 Pro

CPU: i7-7700k

MoBo: ASRock Z270 Gaming K6

RAM: 32GB

GPU: Nvidia GForce GTX 1080i

Headphone Set-Up

DAC: Topping D50s

AMP: Schiit Heresey

Phones: Hi-Fi Man 400i, Sennheiser HD-6XX, beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, Grado SE325r

EqualizerAPO works great.

I can recommend Foobar2000 for playing music. It can do bit-perfect output with plugins, if that's something you're after. And is very easy to use and customise, and you can set system wide key bindings to control it. Supports basically every file format you can think of aswell. Really simple, but extremely powerful.

https://www.foobar2000.org/

https://www.foobar2000.org/components

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

EqualizerAPO works great.

I can recommend Foobar2000 for playing music. It can do bit-perfect output with plugins, if that's something you're after. And is very easy to use and customise, and you can set system wide key bindings to control it. Supports basically every file format you can think of aswell. Really simple, but extremely powerful.

https://www.foobar2000.org/

https://www.foobar2000.org/components

Thanks for the rec. But, I need something that will let me by-pass the mobo dac and amp. So the audio will go straight off of the ssd to the dac thru either USB or S/PDIF. Will Foobar let me do that ?

Just now, Thrill Killer said:

Thanks for the rec. But, I need something that will let me by-pass the mobo dac and amp. So the audio will go straight off of the ssd to the dac thru either USB or S/PDIF. Will Foobar let me do that ?

Foobar does let you do "bit-perfect" output, so windows will not be allowed to go anywhere near the audio at all.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just now, Derkoli said:

Foobar does let you do "bit-perfect" output, so windows will not be allowed to go anywhere near the audio at all.

I will look into that. As that is the whole reason I have a separate headphone dac and amp.