Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leoplate25

Can an i5-9600K hold for another year (only gaming)?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, like the tittle says: Can an i5-9600K hold for another year? I only play some games, browse the internet, listen to some music. I play AC Odyssey, GTA V, Hitman 2, FIFA, PES, and in the future i would like to play GTA VI and the new AC. I have a Zotac RTX 2060 Super, an ASUS Z390-A Prime, 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston Hyperx Predator at 2933MHz, a 256GB M.2 by Micron, a 1TB Samsung EVO 860, a Corsair H100i v2, the PSU is a BitFenix Whisper M 750w, all inside an old TT Versa H34. Should i wait to Intel's 10th gen? Go for an i7-9700K? And another thing: is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG a good replacement for my old case? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions. 

No one can really say / tell the future

If you don't see any problems with the performance you're getting then there's no reason to.

Regarding your case, sure- but there's definitely more compact options

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No one can really say / tell the future

If you don't see any problems with the performance you're getting then there's no reason to.

Regarding your case, sure- but there's definitely more compact options

Thanks. I like the Phanteks case, i prefer larger cases.

It will hold on at least until the next gen (amd and intel) comes out, no need to go for the 9700k. And also, you are already playing these games without any concerns, no major releases that will need an upgrade from that will come out (maybe cyberpunk, but idk), so u are fine

Main rig: CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X cooled by a Noctua NH-U14S; Mem: 16 GB(2x8) G.Skill TridentZ White 3200 MHz; GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC; MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk; Storage: XPG Spectrix S40G M.2 512GB SSD; Kingston A400 480GB SSD; 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD; PSU: Corsair CX750M Semi-modular (80+ bronze); CASE: Thermaltake Commander C36.

Secondary rig: CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 @3.60GHz(Turbo @4.00GHz) cooled by Corsair H60; Mem: G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 16GB(4x4) OC@2133MHz (11-11-11-30 (1.6V)); GPU: None(for now); MOBO: Gigabyte Z87-HD3; Storage:HyperX 120GB; PSU: Thermaltake SmarT series 750w (80+ bronze); CASE: Thermaltake Chaser A41.

3 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

I would say so, I have an Intel Core i5-2500K and it games fine with my 1060.

2 minutes ago, Mateus Montemor said:

It will hold on at least until the next gen (amd and intel) comes out, no need to go for the 9700k. And also, you are already playing these games without any concerns, no major releases that will need an upgrade from that will come out (maybe cyberpunk, but idk), so u are fine

I'll wait till next gen then (or the next next gen, haha). Thanks!

should be good. I still have a i5 4670k at 4.5ghz and 2 way GTX 980 sli and games do fine at 1440p. For cases phanteks definitely makes the best cases in my opinion.I personally have a enthoo 719 full tower 

14 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

should be good. I still have a i5 4670k at 4.5ghz and 2 way GTX 980 sli and games do fine at 1440p. For cases phanteks definitely makes the best cases in my opinion.I personally have a enthoo 719 full tower 

Great! I'll buy the Phanteks as soon as this fuc*** virus disappears. Thanks!

@Leoplate25 enthoo 719 is very nice but will be too huge, unless you plan for dual system. If not, you can go to mid tower Phantek Evolv X, more than enough and for custom water cooling. I was banging my head to choose between these 2 and finally ordered Phantek Evolv X last week. 

On 4/11/2020 at 6:18 AM, babulu said:

@Leoplate25 enthoo 719 is very nice but will be too huge, unless you plan for dual system. If not, you can go to mid tower Phantek Evolv X, more than enough and for custom water cooling. I was banging my head to choose between these 2 and finally ordered Phantek Evolv X last week. 

I was looking at this case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG. I think DominicNikon has the Enthoo 719. Thanks for the advice! :)