Ryzen 5 1600 to 3600?

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
2 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

VENGEANCE® LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 Memory Kit - Red LED.

I don't have much knowledge in ram oc'ing, If you think its possible I will learn and try.

Also my motherboard is ASUS Prime B450-K

If you don't have any interesting in waiting for Ryzen 4000 just grab it

Otherwise I'd wait and buy Ryzen 4000 with whatever new memory speed it supports, might be a 20-25% jump at best rather than a 15% jump or something.

Also ya know, global pandemic and all, might need to hold onto the cash

Heyo,

I have a desktop back home with a R5 1600 and a 1070ti.

was wondering if I should get the 3600 or idk I'm just hoping to get 144fps+ on games like Apex legends, COD warzone and other competitive shooters.

currently csgo run great at around 230fps+ but apex legends on low 1080p runs around 100fps. with streaming it goes to 80 fps. Sucks cause my panel is 144hz.

And I play them very competitively in higher ranks.

just want someone to say "yes that purchase makes sense".

Thanks,

Mak.

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

Heyo,

The 3600 is really cheap, but what's your RAM speed/timings?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Ram speed matters too, do you have decent memory?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

This purchase makes sense as long as your motherboard has a BIOS update for Zen 2 products. That's something you should check first. Also keep in mind that upgrading could remove the ability to use your 1600 with that motherboard.

On a side note, the Zen 3 series is likely only a few months away. You might want to wait for that.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Ram speed matters too, do you have decent memory?

Just now, Streetguru said:

The 3600 is really cheap, but what's your RAM speed/timings?

I don't have much knowledge in ram oc'ing, If you think its possible I will learn and try.

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

This purchase makes sense as long as your motherboard has a BIOS update for Zen 2 products. That's something you should check first. Also keep in mind that upgrading could remove the ability to use your 1600 with that motherboard.

On a side note, the Zen 3 series is likely only a few months away. You might want to wait for that.

I was planning on doing that as I helped a friend build a 2700x RTX 2070 super build for streaming etc. 

But with the virus and all my uni is closed like many in the UK, so I will be flying home to Dubai was wondering if it was worth to get a CPU here for £20 cheaper than in Dubai.

You could certainly look up a tutorial for that motherboard, should be quite easy

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Otherwise I'd wait and buy Ryzen 4000 with whatever new memory speed it supports, might be a 20-25% jump at best rather than a 15% jump or something.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Yea I guess waiting a bit longer for a more powerful cpu to come out and building a new rig is the best choice.

At this point you might as well wait for Ryzen 4000.

On top of that, you're likely to see more of an FPS improvement from a better video card.

All depends on what your budget is.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

On top of that, you're likely to see more of an FPS improvement from a better video card.

Not with a Ryzen 5 1600 for now though.

Spoiler

While you are within the memory controllers spec for your CPU - I push Zen @ 3600mhz and the difference in gaming between 2666mhz and 3600mhz frequency, depending on the title:

With CPU bound games, increased and tighter FPS margins 

With non CPU bound games, tighter FPS magins.  The lows were much higher.

Just a thought if you want to eek out that 1600 you could OC that and the RAM to say 3200mhz and see a substantial FPS boost.

EDIT - with my OC on my 1700 I completely smash the 3600 in multicore workloads (of course) and am close enough in IPC that I wont be upgrading (maybe...cause I wanna play with it)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case