Desperate HELP PLEASE! New PC Build Wont Start

aly886

Hopefully this isn't the issue, but you did use motherboard standoffs? I've run into this issue once before with someone.

Secondly, what is the output you are using? Sometimes DVI will not show up on a monitor until you unpower that monitor and then re-power it. 

Clearing the CMOS may help if there was some unknown issue. In your motherboard's manual it shows you where the jumper is for this.  Typically not a new pc thing, but I've definitely had this issue with used motherboards installing new components. If that works it may be that someone else had some settings on the board that isn't compatible with your hardware.

It could be a bad piece of hardware unfortunately. If you unplug all of your drives and try to boot and it doesn't, you reset your motherboard to default settings by shorting the CMOS pins, and the ram doesn't make a difference it seems it would be something wrong with your hardware.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Not necessarily just make sure you assemble it on the motherboard box as it is an antistatic workspace, don't connect the PSU until everything else is good to go, it will also be a good time to double check your CPU and make sure it is seated and installed properly.

wait so how do i turn on the pc if it is not connected to pc case power button?

okay so, i applied a metal conductor between the two nodes and nothing happened at all during my bench test.

what does this mean?

2 hours ago, aly886 said:

wait so how do i turn on the pc if it is not connected to pc case power button?

a screwdriver or screw(something metal) to the two pins where the power button hooks up.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, aly886 said:

okay so, i applied a metal conductor between the two nodes and nothing happened at all during my bench test.

what does this mean?

I think you're hooking the power button up wrong. If you touched metal to the correct pins it should come on unless you have a faulty motherboard.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I think you're hooking the power button up wrong. If you touched metal to the correct pins it should come on unless you have a faulty motherboard.

but how could the motherboard be faulty if it's RGB lights are on. do you think that power switch pins are seperately faulty?
will i need a voltmeter?

geez this is a pain in the butt

15 minutes ago, aly886 said:

but how could the motherboard be faulty if it's RGB lights are on. do you think that power switch pins are seperately faulty?
will i need a voltmeter?

geez this is a pain in the butt

Sorry for your troubles, been reading your thread. 

I gotta ask some stupid questions maybe been covered already, bare with me though.

First Question. 

Do you have the power button on the front panel configured and installed as described in this picture below? 

Prime X470 FP config.png

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Sorry for your troubles, been reading your thread. 

I gotta ask some stupid questions maybe been covered already, bare with me though.

First Question. 

Do you have the power button on the front panel configured and installed as described in this picture below? 

Prime X470 FP config.png

yes, i have made sure everything is correct. dont bother even asking if i did all the common troubleshooting cause i gurantee you i did. 

i am feeling that the power switch pins are faulty somehow, im gonna go the store tomorrow and pickup a voltmeter. gosh i hate asus.

2 minutes ago, aly886 said:

yes, i have made sure everything is correct. dont bother even asking if i did all the common troubleshooting cause i gurantee you i did. 

i am feeling that the power switch pins are faulty somehow, im gonna go the store tomorrow and pickup a voltmeter. gosh i hate asus.

Well, I'm sure you have, thought I'd ask. But you're frustrated, I'll skip the connection part. 

If one of the power pins is loose, then maybe there's an issue. If secrures, that means it's soldered well and touching the tracing.

Clear Cmos the long way....

power off PSU via the switch.

remove the battery.

install a jumper onto the clear cmos jumper pins. Leave the jumper there for 10 minutes or more.

In the meantime, remove all but one stick and install the one stick of memory into slot A1 next to the cpu.

Optional -->

remove the power from the VGA card, but leave it plugged into the PCI-E slot. 

The reason to remove power from the Gpu is for diagnostic purposes. If the board boots, you'll be notified on the screen that you are missing power. That's when you shut the system down and plug the GPU power in and try and repost. This will help determine if the GPU is simply drawing too much start up voltage. 

Remove the jumper, install the battery and turn on the PSU. wait 5 seconds. Power on the PC. (if you left the power on the card, give the board at least 120 seconds (2 minutes) to post. Fast boot by default may not be enabled and thus takes extended period of time to post, and yes the screen will be black. just wait for it. Obviously if 5 minutes passed, it's still a no go.