is my gpu dead ?

sphiral

i dont know if my strix 1070 died or something but i was playing then the display suddenly turned off but i can hear sound of the game. same with starting the desktop the pc turns on and there is sound and everything but there is no display when when the cable is plugged in the gpu. when i start the destop there is no fan spinning or even the led lights doesnt turn on . tried over video card on my computer it works totally fine.

2 hours ago, sphiral said:

i dont know if my strix 1070 died or something but i was playing then the display suddenly turned off but i can hear sound of the game. same with starting the desktop the pc turns on and there is sound and everything but there is no display when when the cable is plugged in the gpu. when i start the destop there is no fan spinning or even the led lights doesnt turn on . tried over video card on my computer it works totally fine.

Have you tried a different port and cable from the GPU in question to rule that out?

Can you try a different power supply?  If another GPU work okay then likely not the issue, but worth checking is possible to rule it out.  The fact that the fans don't spin on start up and the lights don't come on seems like either a power problem, or worst case like you suspect, the GPU may be dead.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

thanks for replying. yes i already tried it on another system no leds turning on or fan . and tried another video card in my main system in works fine. but when i put my 1070 on it i hear the system boot but theres is no display.