New iPad Pro and MacBook Air unveiled - LiDAR, floating display, and trackpads, OH MY!

rcmaehl
On 3/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, Blademaster91 said:

$999 for a dual core,lmao.

What is this the year 2000.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

on mobile right now, but i read that the early 2020 MBA still has the same self-cooking heating system as its predecessor ._.

It's feature, in this day and age of virus's and hygiene, the keyboard maintains a healthy 100C that prevents many viruses from surviving on it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hmm

Might be time to pick up the 3rd iPad Pro on clearance.  Been waiting for that anyways.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Might cop the new 11-inch eventually. Kinda been feeling that my 12.9” is a bit too big. Granted, it’s a first-generation product but still, want something smaller.

Might get the new keyboard as well. Would complement a mobile photography setup nicely especially when I can’t bring a laptop around.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

My partner is very intrigued by the new iPad Pro and that Magic Keyboard.  She's a lawyer and perked up at the thought of a tablet she can easily wield in the courtroom, but has a clever, easy attachment to help her write notes and handle documents when needed.

And the key is that it's a mobile tablet. Yeah, the Microsoft Surface line has been around for a while, but it doesn't hit that Goldilocks 'just right' design that someone in my partner's situation needs.  The Surface Pro is too heavy to be carried around liberally; the Surface Go is too slow; neither has enough real-world battery life to make it through a full workday (though I hear the current Pro is much more likely to hit that goal).

Really would love to see Apple have a hinge for the screen to go 180degree's so that you can start a movie and flip the laptop over.

This is useful in places like a plane where space is limited. instead of having the screen hinged at the back. someone can push a chair back and bye screen.

I get Apple doesn't want to do touch on a macbook but this would be a nice middle point for media consumption.

Maybe if an Apple TV Remote could work with the machine that would get around the touch issue :)

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 3/21/2020 at 12:30 PM, VegetableStu said:

on mobile right now, but i read that the early 2020 MBA still has the same self-cooking heating system as its predecessor ._.

Goddamnit Apple, but then again I wouldn't expect this kind of machine to run on Premiere all day

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Disapointment!

I have an 2015 Ipad pro 12.9 and considered upgrading but there is barely a point as I do not use the new features.

13 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Disapointment!

I have an 2015 Ipad pro 12.9 and considered upgrading but there is barely a point as I do not use the new features.

It'd be a significant step up from your iPad Pro, but I do agree that you'd have to find uses, like the Magic Keyboard, cameras or the current-gen Pencil.  And frankly, if your iPad is fast enough and does what you need it to do, you're likely fine.  I have a 2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch) and it still screams through virtually every task I can throw at it.

I will admit, though: if I were looking to replace both my iPad and my laptop and the software I needed was on the iPad, I'd get one of the new models in a heartbeat.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, Teddy07 said:

Disapointment!

I have the same iPad but I might cop this one because the things they’ve done in iPadOS and that new keyboard actually looks fitting. It still has a ways to go before it can really be something I can use for proper on-the-go Photoshop (the iPad client is still under-featured) but this is appealing enough to the point where I might get the smaller 11-inch.

With all that said, the 2015 Pro still runs most daily tasks just fine. It’s aged far more gracefully than any other iPad I’ve had.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Weird, some other guy started a thread claiming Apple quietly updated the iPad Pro without announcing? Were there any changes to their specs since launch?

12 hours ago, Tenelia said:

Weird, some other guy started a thread claiming Apple quietly updated the iPad Pro without announcing? Were there any changes to their specs since launch?

It's the opposite of quiet since Apple put out a press release with widespread coverage and featured it prominently on the company's website.  Nothing's changed since the announcement last week.

13 hours ago, Commodus said:

It's the opposite of quiet since Apple put out a press release with widespread coverage and featured it prominently on the company's website.  Nothing's changed since the announcement last week.

Oh, so the other guy basically missed everything? Gosh, for a moment I thought Apple made more big changes. You should've seen the reactions in the other thread. Pretty hilarious how nobody was fact-checking and immediately just jumped into bashing Apple.

Anyone know the release date on the new MBA? I couldn’t see any dates in the article. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)