Schiit Magni + Modi VS Fiio E10K

I need a little bit of advice.

I was looking to buy an AMP and DAC for my Audio Technica m50x and I don't wanna spend a lot.

So after a bit of research, I narrowed down my options to these:

1) The Fiio E10K AMP/DAC

2) Schiit Magni + Modi

Before you say that the Schiit combo is better, hear me out.

I'll be using it with an m50x and I do not plan on upgrading my headphones to a better one or a higher impedance one in at least an year or so. Also, I would like to save as much as possible now so that in future I can spend it behind a better headphone.

So, with that in mind, will it be worth getting the Schiit Stack over the E10K? Will there be a noticeable difference in sound with the m50x?

What I mean is, will it be worth spending US $200 on the Schiit combo, or will get a similar audio experience with the E10K for just US $75.

Also, another option I found was the Schiit Fulla 3, which is also and DAC/AMP combo like the E10K but I could not find it in my country.

And of course, if you have a better recommendation than the aforementioned options, please do mention them. I'll see if they are available in my country.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Classified101 said:

I need a little bit of advice.

I was looking to buy an AMP and DAC for my Audio Technica m50x and I don't wanna spend a lot.

So after a bit of research, I narrowed down my options to these:

1) The Fiio E10K AMP/DAC

2) Schiit Magni + Modi

Before you say that the Schiit combo is better, hear me out.

I'll be using it with an m50x and I do not plan on upgrading my headphones to a better one or a higher impedance one in at least an year or so. Also, I would like to save as much as possible now so that in future I can spend it behind a better headphone.

So, with that in mind, will it be worth getting the Schiit Stack over the E10K? Will there be a noticeable difference in sound with the m50x?

What I mean is, will it be worth spending US $200 on the Schiit combo, or will get a similar audio experience with the E10K for just US $75.

Also, another option I found was the Schiit Fulla 3, which is also and DAC/AMP combo like the E10K but I could not find it in my country.

And of course, if you have a better recommendation than the aforementioned options, please do mention them. I'll see if they are available in my country.

Thanks!

In my experience, you don't need either with m50x.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

2 minutes ago, food158 said:

In my experience, you don't need either with m50x.

I realize that. But I mainly use it with my laptop and the audio output is really bad. There is this constant buzzing noise in the background. Also, it doesn't get that loud.

That is the primary reason I was considering a DAC and AMP.

Just now, Classified101 said:

I realize that. But I mainly use it with my laptop and the audio output is really bad. There is this constant buzzing noise in the background. Also, it doesn't get that loud.

That is the primary reason I was considering a DAC and AMP.

If you're just using it to get rid of static, then either one is fine. Spending the extra $100 doesn't seem reasonable for your use case.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

i love the MAGNI since it has a LOT of power.. had the Audioengine and a M3 at my pc before that, running monitors with the headphones, i needed preouts so i could volume control the monitors..

bought the Magni, to support some of my more powerhungry headphones, and it is way stronger.. it also makes less powerhungry elements play better, my Tin P1´s loves the Magni compared to for instance the cheap SMSL M3. 

just exchanged it all for a stack SU-8 and SH-8 from SMSL drop.com and even though i´m not going back, i think i will keep the magni 3 in my drawer, just for future use.

If you kinda want a temporary solution, get a Syba DAC for $40. When you spend bigger bucks on fancy headphones plan on getting a fancy dac/amp setup too. 

1 hour ago, ShearMe said:

If you kinda want a temporary solution, get a Syba DAC for $40. When you spend bigger bucks on fancy headphones plan on getting a fancy dac/amp setup too. 

okay, thanks for the suggestion. I will try to find it my country.

How's the audio btw?

Yes, you can say that it's a kind of a temporary solution for now. I will definitely buy I good AMP/DAC when I upgrade my headphones.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:01 PM, Classified101 said:

okay, thanks for the suggestion. I will try to find it my country.

How's the audio btw?

Yes, you can say that it's a kind of a temporary solution for now. I will definitely buy I good AMP/DAC when I upgrade my headphones.

I used one for a few years, the audio is good. The components are cheap and start to break down - mine eventually developed static noise when adjusting the audio knob, and the RCA ports went dead. So definitely temporary.

What country are you in? There's plenty of cheap DACs on aliexpress if you don't have any good local options.