Back button issues

IcarusLSC

Browser, version and OS: Win 10 64bit 1909, Firefox 74.0 64bit

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? I hit back button for instance on page three of a thread after browsing through the first two and it doesn't go back page by page, it will stay on page three, then go back to the main thread page list (ie: hit back it stays on page 3 for 3 times then goes back to main forums page or whatever I was on then.)

What happened?

What did you expect to happen? I expect it to go back page by page

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: Anywhere in this site

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? 

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

It works for me, also in Firefox. Can you open the dev tools by pressing F12, and switch to the console tab if it's not already selected, then see if anything is logged when you reproduce this?

HTTP/2 203

I've had this issue in subforums; if I go through the pages then press the back button on my mouse, it would just reload the page instead of going back. (I'll check if this still happens when I get access to my computer)

Edit: same thing happens on mobile. (chrome)

Edit 2: this only happens in subforums, not threads.

Edit 3: still happens on desktop. (firefox) nothing is logged on the console tab.

2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

I've had this issue in subforums; if I go through the pages then press the back button on my mouse, it would just reload the page instead of going back. (I'll check if this still happens when I get access to my computer)

Edit: same thing happens on mobile. (chrome)

Edit 2: this only happens in subforums, not threads.

Edit 3: still happens on desktop. (firefox) nothing is logged on the console tab.

Subforums give same thing, threads work fine. Using Firefox on Android.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yup, just here in the "Bugs and Issues" subforum. I first went to page 1, then to page 2, then to page 3. Then clicking the back button changed the url to page 2, visually reloaded, but still showed page 3. Clicking on a link on that page goes to what you would expect it to. I'm on Chrome on Windows 10.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Still doing it :(

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody working from home with lots of time on their hands like us?

Still not working.

·Ï¢årµ§·

5 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

Nobody working from home with lots of time on their hands like us?

Still not working.

It will be fixed in the next update of the forum software, but that is still at least a couple of months away. As it happens, the forum software devs already worked remotely, so recent events probably won't make too much difference on that front.

HTTP/2 203

Yes I know they work remotely, Maybe I should have worded it differently.

Not sure why months away though?

·Ï¢årµ§·

5 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

Yes I know they work remotely, Maybe I should have worded it differently.

Not sure why months away though?

Because they have been working on a major update for a while but it is not currently in alpha. From the first alpha to being released will likely be well over a month, then we are likely to wait at least a month after the final release before updating here because from prior experience the final releases are rarely stable enough for my liking.

HTTP/2 203

Thanks for explaining it.

·Ï¢årµ§·

• 3 months later...

So months later and still not fixed...

·Ï¢årµ§·

51 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

So months later and still not fixed...

The upstream version of the update (as in the version that the forum software devs make) finally went into beta a couple of weeks ago (and still has a lot of open bugs), so they will probably cut a proper release towards the end of this month or some time next month. There is a lot of work to do to update all of our custom LTT things to support it once it is released, so it will likely not be before September and could easily be later than that.

HTTP/2 203

oh, so you really meant YEARS later? lol...

·Ï¢årµ§·

• 1 month later...

6+ months later and still not fixed...

·Ï¢årµ§·

2 hours ago, IcarusLSC said:

The forum has not been updated yet.... The devs for IPS are working on it fulltime, but think of them more like Microsoft. They release bigger updates slower, rather than new patch for every little thing. Plus there's the non-paid work Mortis has to do to get our version working order.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, IcarusLSC said:

It's been less than 5.5 months since your post... :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

It's been less than 5.5 months since your post... :P

Its also just under 2 months since Mortis said it will be fixed on next forum update.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

works fine on my end, Fireyfox 80, Wondows 10 2004

2020-09-01 10-27-32.mkv

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

15 hours ago, IcarusLSC said:

I said not before September and likely later, and I meant it. This issue is fixed in the next update, which has now been released by IPS. I have spent a significant amount of my free time over the past few weeks preparing for the update, and have made good progress, but there are a lot of large breaking changes in that update which require a significant amount of time to resolve, and this is not my day job.

This topic is now locked. If the issue recurs after there has been a topic in Forum Information announcing the update, please report it again, but until then there is no further value to be gained from continuing to ping on this topic.

HTTP/2 203