Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PcNewbieCA

LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL air cooling/aio

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone ,

I wanted to know if its alright to be cooling a system with a x62 NZXT cooler and 7 120mm fans 3 on the side and 3 on the bottom and 1 at the back for the LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG.

I was told that a "unspoken rule" of the Lian Li case is meant for Water cooling?? I really love the aesthetics of the case and its on sale  for a good price I just want to know if its alright to be cooling the case with 6 120mm fans and a x62 280mm aio cooler as well

 

I noticed that people do tend to have custom water cooling for the full tower LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG case so I was just concerned if It would be doing me worst than good air cooling with such a bag case

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PcNewbieCA said:

I was told that a "unspoken rule" of the Lian Li case is meant for Water cooling??

This was true of the original, only because the cooler height was under 155mm tall which did not allow for "good" CPU towers to be used in that case that could meet or exceed the performance of AIO's. 

 

However, the XL has a cooler height of 167mm, so you can feasibly use a NH-D15, Scythe Fuma 2 or Dark Rock Pro 4 (assuming you're using low profile RAM) However most people still do water cooling, because the case so easily supports what was previously unheard of amount of radiators in a small footprint and an affordable price.


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

This was true of the original, only because the cooler height was under 155mm tall which did not allow for "good" CPU towers to be used in that case that could meet or exceed the performance of AIO's. 

 

However, the XL has a cooler height of 167mm, so you can feasibly use a NH-D15, Scythe Fuma 2 or Dark Rock Pro 4 (assuming you're using low profile RAM) However most people still do water cooling, because the case so easily supports what was previously unheard of amount of radiators in a small footprint and an affordable price.

Oh i see, so if I was to use my NZXT x62 280mm AIO cooler and 6 120m fans for the bottom and side that will be okay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PcNewbieCA said:

Oh i see, so if I was to use my NZXT x62 280mm AIO cooler and 6 120m fans for the bottom and side that will be okay?

Absolutely! :) 


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×