Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm and the FiiO E10K Olympus 2 Amplifier

David.A

I just ordered a Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm  Headset and the FiiO E10K Olympus 2 Amplifier. The Amplifier was suggested to me on Amazon because it was often bought with the DT 990 Pro. I am just a but concerned because it says the Amp goes up to 150 Ohm but the Headset has 250 Ohm. Will that still be okay? Also will I still need an external Sound Card like the Sabrent USB external Soundcard or do I just plug the cable from the AMP directly into the mainboard?

Many thanks in advance

Personally I don't think it's enough o went with this reccomendation as well myself when I started off. Try your motherboard first if that's not enough and you need more power try the fx audio dac x6

Nah, don't worry about it. The E10K provides enough of juice to power the DT990. My DT880 and 770 which are 250ohm gets really loud using the E10K. There is also a switch for Low and High gain if it's not loud enough for you. If you indeed already ordered it, then you can just keep using it. Plug the E10K using the included USB cable and enjoy!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280