Old dog learns new tricks

oz3bto

Had PC for many years.. Startede with comedore 64/Amiga 500 (still have both...)

But like many others i found "other things"  (wife/kids/work)  and computer was a "work tool" and maby a littel gaming  in weekends... 

Welll now its no kids  no wife  and retired (disabled)  a LOT of time for gaming.. But with a 6 year old  laptop..  Thats no fun ...  So had to build one .. 

Just one thing .. Last time i build a PC  was when P4 was released.. 

Well had a little help to find the parts.. 
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570-A Pro
PNY CS3030 250GB SSD (NWMe) 
16gb Cosair  venagence 3000mhz (2x8gb)
2 x 250gb kingston SSD 
GTX 1660 Ti (MSI gaming)

Well think iam ready for a little gaming now :P

IMG_3720_(1).jpg

3 minutes ago, oz3bto said:

Well had a little help to find the parts.. 
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570-A Pro
PNY CS3030 250GB SSD (NWMe) 
16gb Cosair  venagence 3000mhz (2x8gb)
2 x 250gb kingston SSD 
GTX 1660 Ti (MSI gaming)

I fail to understand the point in buying three small SSDs, instead of one bigger one.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I fail to understand the point in buying three small SSDs, instead of one bigger one.

Got the 2 x 250gb kingston from a friend ...  And they are dirt cheap i local shop 

Enjoy your new PC. If you need any help with it, I'm sure many of us would gladly help you in the Troubleshooting subforum. 😉

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

41 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Enjoy your new PC. If you need any help with it, I'm sure many of us would gladly help you in the Troubleshooting subforum. 😉

Thx .. But think iam good.. Its up running  win 10 .. 

Had a problem with ram speed.. But some reading i learned  XMP ...  Now 3000mhz  and runninng dual channel 

Next step .. Figure out how raid0 works

But DAMT fast machine.  Fastest win install EVER .. 10min :D 

3 minutes ago, oz3bto said:

Next step .. Figure out how raid0 works

Open the start menu and start typing in "storage space".

It should find a single result and from that you should be able to create a software Raid0.

There are ways to do it on hardware, but there isn't much point.

IMO you'd be better off using each drives separately, one for games, another for personal data or whatever other use you have for them. Because other than maybe loading times, there isn't much benefit for gaming to using Raid.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Open the start menu and start typing in "storage space".

It should find a single result and from that you should be able to create a software Raid0.

There are ways to do it on hardware, but there isn't much point.

IMO you'd be better off using each drives separately, one for games, another for personal data or whatever other use you have for them. Because other than maybe loading times, there isn't much benefit for gaming to using Raid.

Well  had an idea of buyin another PNY m.2  and then raid0 for windows ..  Well  just for the "fun" :P 

Machine is only gonna be used for games and movies.. Maby photo "fixing"... Have my laptop for personal stuff (travel a lot)

Then for learn new stuff .. Better fuckup on that machine  than my labtop 

Just tried the "Storage space" .. And found it .. thx 

There is just one problem with getting help with windows .. Mine is on Danish.. So names on things dont match up.. Well better install  english next time :D